Bojo

blankfirer

My prediction.

1. Rwanda gets a nice wedge of cash up front.

2. The first plane goes out with only a couple on board, the rest having had the benefit of sharp lawyers, paid by the UK taxpayer.

3. Upon landing the two migrants are found to be suffering from Covid, so Rwanda refuses them entry on health grounds.

4. Once back in the Uk, having been hospitalised, they skip from the hospital and melt into the urban dross.

15 minutes ago, amateur said:

My prediction.

2. The first plane goes out with only a couple on board, the rest having had the benefit of sharp lawyers, paid by the UK taxpayer.

3. Upon landing the two migrants are found to be suffering from Covid, so Rwanda refuses them entry on health grounds.

4. Once back in the Uk, having been hospitalised, they skip from the hospital and melt into the urban dross.

Have you had advance sight of the script before the performance? I think you may be very right! LOL!

I think it is all "dog whistle" politics and yet again Johnson lies saying that Brexit has permitted him to do this. As in fact Brexit of course stopped us now using the Dublin 2 Treaty to send them back. But I will also say that I think the proposal is right in the overall if not in the detail. The only way to stop this is to make it clear that coming across the English Channel will be, for single men, just a staging post on a one way trip to Rwanda.

I think that it is a radical response and I do in fact think that if it were to work as is intended that it will succeed.

23 minutes ago, amateur said:

My prediction.

That's probably worryingly accurate. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, so will I but they have to do something really brave to get their reputation back.  BUT who would you rather have in No10  Boris, or the alternative. Not a lot of choice is there?

If the Donkey is the best out of 360 the rest must be really bad. Hopefully 359 will get tired of him. 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

If the Donkey is the best out of 360 the rest must be really bad. Hopefully 359 will get tired of him. 

I was including all parties but having seen Liz Truss over the last few years I think she may fit the bill BUT I admit at the moment to be grasping at straws. The opposition is just too scary to even consider. Then look at the Welsh and Scottish bunch and I worry for this country of ours.

The REAL scary thing is that there are people out there willing to vote for them....look at the Mayor of London for instance .

Edited by Walker570

24 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I was including all parties but having seen Liz Truss over the last few years I think she may fit the bill BUT I admit at the moment to be grasping at straws. The opposition is just too scary to even consider. Then look at the Welsh and Scottish bunch and I worry for this country of ours.

The REAL scary thing is that there are people out there willing to vote for them....look at the Mayor of London for instance .

Whilst I may not like the politics in Scotland I do think they have a clear plan of what they are trying to do, even if at times (education being one) they fall short. For me the problem with this lot is they don't have any sort of plan, they are just jumping from one idea to the next. 

Case in point was the energy strategy. Too little and reacting to todays issues on the supply side only. Very limited on the demand side and only tinkering at the edges. 

Next will be the food crisis, again we can see problems coming and we do nothing about it. We will wait until the problems blow up by which time it will be too late. 

Mayor of London, Borris Johnson, Donald Trump it's all reactionary politics. All voting for what might produce a short term fix.

I look around the world at the moment and find it very difficult to find any country being run efficiently.  Probably down to as you say, education from infant to degree level.

I was amazed to read where airlines are having to poach air hostesses from each other because of a shortage. I know of two or three young women without a job mainly down to useless degrees.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Not being rascist but Sadiq got in because of his religion and colour 

6 minutes ago, blankfirer said:

Because the enithic minority is now a majority in some parts of london

Are your suggesting that the population overwhelmingly voted along racial or religious lines?

How does that equate to him securing less than 50% of the vote in the first round?

Nothing to do with the fact that the run off was between Khan (lab) and Goldsmith (Tory). The London vote is predominantly Labour at 47 seats to 25. To suggest the vote was split along a party line would be a fair assumption. To suggest that its a racial split maybe says more about your thought processes than the evidence?

More surprising is how Johnson could overturn Livingstone, twice.

1 minute ago, toontastic said:

Kier Starmer sums it perfectly when he says Boris Johnson isn't fit to run the country. However he fails to mention non of the current crop of politicians are fit to run the country, including Starmer his self. 

Just that Johnson is the least bad of the bunch and, on the whole, played Brexit, Covid and Ukraine better than any of the others could have.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I have donated to the RNLI for 50 years but have stopped now they are wasting money picking up flotsam.

apparently the RNLI went out yesterday and broke down..........who foots the bill for this overuse of this charitable resourse.........