Pigeon magnet decoy

4 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Can you get plastic birds to fit on these please?

Image 2 - Pigeon magnet pro uk made rotary strong decoys flapper hide net camo hunting

I do have a couple of enforcer floaters which I rarely use so was thinking of butchering them maybe

Hi. 

If you have floaters will they not slide on the rod without the wing spreaders ???. 

Or just adapt a couple of shells. 

IMG_20200210_104214225.jpg

21 hours ago, mellors said:

Hi. 

If you have floaters will they not slide on the rod without the wing spreaders ???. 

Or just adapt a couple of shells. 

IMG_20200210_104214225.jpg

Hello, that looks good , where did you get the rod holders , and what make of shell decoy ? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Hi. 

A mate made them up a long time ago. The decoys are rubbery stuff says made in italy underneath. Plastic won't work they crack. 

They fold down into the magnet bag nicely. 

The elastic stops the wing bits coming out whilst going round. 

IMG_20200229_142033608.jpg

IMG_20220416_105015634.jpg

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Those are SportPlast Shells, they are the best shells available.

I have about 30 of them. 

If I remember right they came from a game fair. 

I haven't been to one of those for many years so they must old. 

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, you can still buy SportPlast decoys, not cheap but look to be very well made, keep us posted how your magnet decoys captain h ?

I will do some good ideas here. I think I can mount my floaters y just drilling one hole so won't wreck them after all. Just be handy to use rather than fresh birds 

2 hours ago, captainhastings said:

I will do some good ideas here. I think I can mount my floaters y just drilling one hole so won't wreck them after all. Just be handy to use rather than fresh birds 

You might need a couple of rods like these if its really windy. The wings tend to fold up after a while. 

IMG_20200210_113339930.jpg

Your bang on about the folding up. I gave it a quick test today . All I did was drill a hole in my floater and just push on. Stayed on a treat but as you say the wing curls up. One real bird and one floater on here

No idea what the pigeons think as not  a bird to be seen. I should have known mid day is waste of time but it was just to test the magnet really and see if the plastic burd held together 

1 hour ago, captainhastings said:

Your bang on about the folding up. I gave it a quick test today . All I did was drill a hole in my floater and just push on. Stayed on a treat but as you say the wing curls up. One real bird and one floater on here

No idea what the pigeons think as not  a bird to be seen. I should have known mid day is waste of time but it was just to test the magnet really and see if the plastic burd held together 

There you go no extra expense. They work absolutely fine till you get a couple of decent ones. I found if you tip them in a bit they work better as with dead ones. 

The rods i use are fibre glass off an old kids tent you can use bbq sticks but they break easy. 

Keep us posted.