open or closed ticket

Just to clear something up here.
As said , if you have at least one land permission , generally speaking (and this is quite calibre specific) your ticket will be opened automatically on your first renewal (5 years)
I say calibre specific , as your lower end stuff , rimfires and smaller centre fires, shouldnt be a problem , larger calibres can be force/area dependent.

I also say 'should' be opened, as if you only have one permission, it may be deemed unnecessary to open your ticket, so you may have to request it , using reasons why.
It may also be possible to open it sooner, again , using reasons why (eg , I have 10 permissions , and do large amounts of pest control, with requests for more)

However, if you only use your firearms at a club, and you have no land stated on your ticket ( eg , 'Firearm xx to be used at xxxx club , and other HO approved clubs) then you have no need to have your ticket opened, so this will not happen at your first renewal.

Just thought Id mention this , as there is another thread where this issue is bought up.

15 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

Every two weeks have not shot that many in over five years and go every week on 400 acres in  Kent 🤣 Think not many have that numbers in Kent

That was at my work a univerity i had great fun at night lamping them up and after a bit when they where used to it and didnt run we would go in and lamp it then we could shoot and  lamp it every 2 weeks and get another crop of young rabbits . As said despite all the correct paper work students and bus drivers would call the police so in the end as well as calling the police for a job number i would tell a bus driver who would radio the garage and i never had any more bother .It was only 500 acres and i used to get upset as i never qite hit the ton LOL