CZ 550 American - 243 Winchester

Up for sale 

CZ 550 American in 243 Winchester. 

This rifle has been re-stocked into a Boyd’s featherweight thumb hole laminate stock, and fibreglass bedded into the action by our very own Welsh Warrior (Daf) off here. 

The rifle has a ASE UTRA North Star moderator. 

24” barrel. 

A set of Warne CZ Scope rings that are quick detach. 

The scope is a Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56 - rated probably the best scope for day time use and then doubling up with a rear Night vision add on (I actually have a Pard 007 that I would sell separately if someone wanted). 

This entire setup (rifle, scope, mod and custom stock / bedding etc) cost me over £2k.  

I am looking for £1000 for the whole package which I think is a fair price. 

If interested please send a PM 👍🏻

DCF5BE76-E309-45A4-BA0D-F6B5D0B868A7.jpeg

3A33C974-E07B-4648-883B-DD2CB945ACF3.jpeg

36 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

What a cracking rifle they are Loyd. One of my friends has one and it serves him very well.

That is a package for life, a bargain at 1k in my opinion. 

I have my own 243 set up which will see me to the end of my days and I am sure that will see someone to theirs.

Good luck with the sale!

Your bang on there mate, they have an almost cult following in the USA. 

They don't seem to be as popular over here in the U.K. for reason's unknown but they are solid reliable rifles. 

Since I am doing a lot with my spaniels competing and shooting over them my rifles haven't had much use and this simply isn't getting used so better off someone else taking it out I reckon. 

22 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Your bang on there mate, they have an almost cult following in the USA. 

They don't seem to be as popular over here in the U.K. for reason's unknown but they are solid reliable rifles. 

Since I am doing a lot with my spaniels competing and shooting over them my rifles haven't had much use and this simply isn't getting used so better off someone else taking it out I reckon. 

I too would not know why. 

With my 243 setup, the rifle alone would now set you back just very short of the 2k mark and in my opinion accuracy and reliability wise there is little, if any difference from the CZ and mine at all from what we have both experienced for our needs. There will be some variables of course, but for my needs and field craft there is not a great deal in it. For instance, If we are looking at 'absolute quality' wise of our two rifles there are some differences however, one would come to expect that overall when the 'dosh' is higher. That said, CZ are not about all bells and whistles, they are from a quality view a very solid and reliable workhorse that parallel and surpass many other similar and increased costing models. 

Long story how I came to purchase my rifle, I was just fortunate at the time to come across the rifle whilst looking and was given an offer that was simply too good to refuse. (in my opinion) I did have a CZ 243 in mind when i first went looking.

If I ever get to buy my estate in Scotland Lloyd you be welcome to come up. That is the dream anyway. :lol:

Once again good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 16/04/2022 at 17:35, 7daysinaweek said:

I too would not know why. 

With my 243 setup, the rifle alone would now set you back just very short of the 2k mark and in my opinion accuracy and reliability wise there is little, if any difference from the CZ and mine at all from what we have both experienced for our needs. There will be some variables of course, but for my needs and field craft there is not a great deal in it. For instance, If we are looking at 'absolute quality' wise of our two rifles there are some differences however, one would come to expect that overall when the 'dosh' is higher. That said, CZ are not about all bells and whistles, they are from a quality view a very solid and reliable workhorse that parallel and surpass many other similar and increased costing models. 

Long story how I came to purchase my rifle, I was just fortunate at the time to come across the rifle whilst looking and was given an offer that was simply too good to refuse. (in my opinion) I did have a CZ 243 in mind when i first went looking.

If I ever get to buy my estate in Scotland Lloyd you be welcome to come up. That is the dream anyway. 

Once again good luck!

You got that Scottish sporting estate yet? 👀🤣

Rifle and package available without the scope - £500 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

You got that Scottish sporting estate yet? 👀🤣

Rifle and package available without the scope - £500 👍🏻

Not yet, and by the way my Bitcoin and cryptocurrency portfolio is performing at present it won't be anytime soon. LOL! I live in hope and the dream continues. :lol: 

That package is a bargain for someone, sadly not for myself as my current set up suits my needs.

I wish you all the best with sale Lloyd.