Deer Stalking / Syndicate Wanted

Due to the land owner of the syndicate i have been a member of deciding not to continue with the lease due to building holiday let’s on some of the land i am now in a position where i now need to look for a new syndicate or just a few days out a year.  

The syndicate i was on wasn’t big money & wasn't massive but it was enough for me to get my escape from the daily grind and i successfully took 2-3 deer a year which is enough for me and my family to have in the freezer as waste would be devastating to me.  

BASC insured but I do not have DSC although have stalked alone for last 4 years and have taken part in a number of paid guided days for a number of years prior to this, i have enjoyed country  sports for at-least 17 years and stalked  various grounds from open hills in scotland to wooded ground using binos and thermal.  

i live in North Wales if anyone can advise me on a small syndicate or some days out it would be very much appreciated.  Happy to travel.  

DBF5F99C-EA0A-4CBF-AE16-686D2608F0A6.jpeg

C28CF12B-1314-485B-8069-D32897EB832E.jpeg

F8B35B9E-2F9E-495C-9733-D7B7F136DFF4.jpeg

5CF4B293-58AB-48AF-9A12-D134B147256A.jpeg

3FF432DA-2BDE-4186-84F8-F0EE4009507B.jpeg

50B0753C-E7C1-4392-9644-B2274E0DF63F.jpeg

7D95EAAE-9C08-4712-9776-4A2E7D0DF13A.jpeg

There was a guy advertising places in a game syndicate in North Wales recently in the paid shooting section. He didn't mention deer but in his ad it says they have some kind of target shooting days so it's presumably cleared for centrefire, you could ask him who has the stalking rights.

34 minutes ago, kentish said:

There was a guy advertising places in a game syndicate in North Wales recently in the paid shooting section. He didn't mention deer but in his ad it says they have some kind of target shooting days so it's presumably cleared for centrefire, you could ask him who has the stalking rights.

That was a rough shoot / semi driven syndicate. 

36 minutes ago, kentish said:

Speaking as a person who used on that syndicate : Yes, there are deer in the area. No, they don't get shot - a number of the farmers like seeing the deer, and dropping deer would be a very quick way to lose the land for game and vermin shooting

12 hours ago, robbiep said:

Speaking as a person who used on that syndicate : Yes, there are deer in the area. No, they don't get shot - a number of the farmers like seeing the deer, and dropping deer would be a very quick way to lose the land for game and vermin shooting

Come back in 20 years. The farmers will be begging you to shoot the deer!

On 23/04/2022 at 10:06, London Best said:

Come back in 20 years. The farmers will be begging you to shoot the deer!

Lol fingers crossed , call it 30 years and it will fit me well for retirement 😂😂

There are deer about in North Wales. Can’t say i’ve ever seen one even though i’ve lived here all my life but know people that have. 

Did see the shoot advertisement and was tempted with being about to do a bit with the rifle but have been offered a place on a syndicate that is mainly deer with some rough partridge in the season so gone with that.

thanks for all your comments.   

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2022 at 06:46, Ace01 said:

Lol fingers crossed , call it 30 years and it will fit me well for retirement 😂😂

There are deer about in North Wales. Can’t say i’ve ever seen one even though i’ve lived here all my life but know people that have. 

Did see the shoot advertisement and was tempted with being about to do a bit with the rifle but have been offered a place on a syndicate that is mainly deer with some rough partridge in the season so gone with that.

thanks for all your comments.   

Where did you find your stalking syndicate in the end? 

Well done :)