Attaching a Picatinny rail to a laminate stock.

deeksofdoom

Has any of you gifted DIY’ers ever attempted to attach a Picatinny rail to a wooden laminate stock.

I’m toying with the idea of mounting a Picatinny on the side of my CZ 527 laminate stock. The tricky bit would be to align the bore with the Picatinny rail. Was hoping to do this by using a combination of a laser bore sighter and a laser Nd3 torch mounted on the Picatinny. Rather than dremelling and butchering the stock I was thinking of using something like sugrue or araldite putty with a combination of T nuts bolts to mount the Picatinny. 

I would mount and align the Picatinny using blu tac  and mark up the holes for drilling and attaching the Picatinny rail. I could countersink holes and insert tee nuts and then go through the alignment prowess again. Then once the mechanical fixing are glued in place I could fill in around the gaps using the araldite putty / sugrue.

Any thoughts on this?

8CF114FB-12E9-454C-9C1E-AB310EF0A751.png

9659BE58-F44F-4CAF-B51B-AE189CCC10EC.png

I have the Picatinny set up on the scope already, but due to;

- the position of the flip cover on the rotating on the objective lens sometimes getting in the way of the light. 
- the light reflecting back off the moderator into the objective
- the weight of the Picatinny and attachments hanging off the scope tube damaging it
- catching the torch on clothing and damaging the scope tube

I just wanted to move the Picatinny forward on the stock.