Open fire barbecues this summer ??????????????

Walker570

Looks like you can push those gas babecues to the back of the shed for this summer if things continue.   No LPG now for almost six weeks so no barbecue gas I would expect.

Simply ridiculous that LPG has dried up but perhaps becaue this country is now so reliant on supplies from foriegn shores instead of being able to look after ourselves.

Must look around for a 45 gal metal drum for a quick conversion.

49 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Looks like you can push those gas babecues to the back of the shed for this summer if things continue.   No LPG now for almost six weeks so no barbecue gas I would expect.

Simply ridiculous that LPG has dried up but perhaps becaue this country is now so reliant on supplies from foriegn shores instead of being able to look after ourselves.

Cut a propane bottle in half nev , they make a cracking bbq , and last a very long time 👍.

I wondered what The Caravan Club would do?

I have a small barbie made froi and LPG tank and a 45 gal smoker I could re convert if need be. We usually have sevn ot eight sitting to eat so a fair sized unit is required.

Hope it is going to sort itself soon mainly due to not having any for the Landy.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

No LPG now for almost six weeks so no barbecue gas I would expect.

I do not consider cooking outdoors on gas a ‘barbecue’. If my wife wanted to cook outdoors she can get an outdoor grill like everyone seems too. I’ll stick with my charcoal and woodsmoke. Cooked on it yesterday, today and tomorrow. 

I know my beliefs are controversial. 

30 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Right outside the house  under CCTV coverage but these days even if anything happens you'd be lucky to get the police to respond.

We had ours stolen about 7 years ago, rang the police (TVP in MK) and the operator said ( hand on heart) "we know where it will be, a group of travellers have just set up on the outskirts of MK and vans are going missing all over the place, but we are not allowed to enter their site as it is an invasion of their human rights ".  

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

now is the time to do a spatchcock chicken (straight on the coals) that has been soaking in a nice sweet sticky marinade all night...........then chuck a bit of wet hickory sawdust on now and again to give it that loveley smel/taste............

12 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Maybe I should take mine out of the caravan and put them under lock and key, I can see them being the next thing the scum will nick.

Well the old trick of stealing number plates and placing them over the cars originals and filling up at a petrol station has started again in Peterborough, so gas cylinders will not be safe any more.

12 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

We had ours stolen about 7 years ago, rang the police (TVP in MK) and the operator said ( hand on heart) "we know where it will be, a group of travellers have just set up on the outskirts of MK and vans are going missing all over the place, but we are not allowed to enter their site as it is an invasion of their human rights ".  

During lockdown I had a guy back up to mine right under the hitch. His mate got out and saw the hitch lock, wheel clamps both sides and anti cut cables across the axles, shouted out, it'll take take too long. I was in the garage, I just happened to be sharpening a gollok, I opened the door gollok in hand asked if I could help them in any way. They drove away quite quickly for some reason. I still have it on CCTV but the police said it was only trespass and therefore declined to do anything.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well the old trick of stealing number plates and placing them over the cars originals and filling up at a petrol station has started again in Peterborough, so gas cylinders will not be safe any more.

It's happening everywhere I think but with no deterrent it'll only get worse. Round here the police are only really interested in offences that take absolutely no work on their part, except maybe a little paperwork whilst they're sat in McDonald's.