Lithium Battery

muncher

5B4031DA-B5AF-40E7-B833-47143E41F48E.jpeg.5fb45f4546ecc4b1647bb16225804168.jpegJust wondering if anyone else uses this type of battery for their rotary. Ways about a pound and lasts all day on my rotary, says a lot of weight on those long walks. I picked this one one up second hand for £40. But new there about £120. 

Edited by muncher

15 minutes ago, mellors said:

I've been looking at those for a while. Where do they have them ???.

I read there was issues with charging them. 

Maybe they've got better. 

Cheap really a decent 18 amp is over £40 and heavy. 

Fishing tackle shops or Google ridge monkey battery, just be careful which one you order. I haven’t had a problem charging it  

image.jpg

Edited by muncher

6 minutes ago, muncher said:

Fishing tackle shops or Google ridge monkey battery, just be careful which one you order. I haven’t had a problem charging it  

image.jpg

Ok thanks. 

How many amps is that one and do they come with a charger. 

Or do you need an AGM charger. 

10 minutes ago, muncher said:

Yea they come with a charger, but a phone charger will do it but slowly. I think it’s 13amp but you can get a bigger one, but to me it defeats the objective. 

Ok thanks. 

That's big enough for what we need in the field. 

Definitely a game changer if you can't get were you need to be with the truck. Every pound of weight less is good. 

Well until you shoot a lot then you don't mind two trips back. 

36 minutes ago, mellors said:

Ok thanks. 

That's big enough for what we need in the field. 

Definitely a game changer if you can't get were you need to be with the truck. Every pound of weight less is good. 

Well until you shoot a lot then you don't mind two trips back. 

You will need to fit one of these to the rotory. 
6427AB3B-5E84-4020-86D3-2A42BB4F4DF6.jpeg.645453ee88b9f87f0906fb3dce54a8fe.jpeg

31 minutes ago, muncher said:

You will need to fit one of these to the rotory. 
6427AB3B-5E84-4020-86D3-2A42BB4F4DF6.jpeg.645453ee88b9f87f0906fb3dce54a8fe.jpeg

Ok thanks. 

A couple of places list them not far away I'm sure they'll sort me out tomorrow. 

I don't use a magnet a lot but at those prices it will be worth having one if only for the ff6 flappers. 

As much as I would like one , the price at the moment would put me off and if they followed suit with just about everything else they will only go up in price .

The ole battery I have used for the last several years came from your neck of the woods , I went to the sporting auction at Gaywood and this would be about two years before they called it a day so you roughly know how long ago this was .

I was having a cup of tea in one of there famous plastic cups and a small pork pie outside before the auction started when I started to have a yarn with some chap I had never met before , he was after some Pigeon gear and I was going to bid for some cartridges and a few other bits and pieces .

During the yarn he asked me what type of shooting I do and I told him mainly wildfowling and Pigeon shooting , he said , do you use one of those magnets , I told I do and he said I have got a battery in my motor what would do you , can I have look then , yea course you can , so off we went , the battery was like new and came off a golfing trolley , yea that will be alright , how much are you looking for , what about a fiver , yea I have that even if it don't last long it ain't going to break the bank .

I am not saying I have used it all day and every day because I haven't , but I have used it a lot and the odd day where I have stayed all day I can honestly say it have never ran out of charge , like all of the bigger type of batteries the weight is a killer if you have a long way to walk , but if you can drive up to your hide position it is ideal and with a carrying strap I can still just about manage lifting it ,....... but only just :lol:

SAM-4075.jpg

I have one of those. 

Unfortunately there too wide for the tractor wheelings ok on drilling.  

The battery will take you to where you want to be with kit and run the magnet if needed and flappers then bring kit and easily 50 pigeon back. 

I

DSC_0018.JPG

A deep cycle Lifepo4 lithium battery can be cycled to around its full capacity and cycled around 4000 times. A lead acid battery can only be cycled to 50% of its capacity a few hundred times. So a 10ah Lifepo4 will be equivalent to a 20AH Lead acid, last much longer and be a lot lighter. 

I have one of the ridgemonkey vaults “c smart” variant it charges via usb c and gets to full charge in a reasonable amount of time. (I’ve not timed it so can’t give an accurate timescale but easily over night) the down side is the one I have doesn’t have a lighter socket/ cigar lighter socket. 

it would maybe be possible to Use the 12v/ 5a out for the same purpose mentioned above? 

Ive included a photo of the specs for those that understand it all.  And one of the different outputs/inputs. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Spr1985