Cartridge Couriers/Delivery Service

9 minutes ago, tonyshooter said:

The answer to this ( which i do not have ) may be scary.

I needed 100 rounds of Sako 7 x 64 ASAP and i got quoted, by the RFD, 5 times the cost of the ammunition for the courier !

I've had quotes for over 100 pounds just to send 20 cartridges from a couple of companies. It's madness. I believe TNT used to deliver assembled cartridges back in the day but not anymore. 

8 hours ago, holloway said:

How do just cartridges deliver ,I don’t think it’s extortionate.if I remember rightly min order cost of £15 gets you 1000 cartridges,but maybe they deliver themselves ,might be worth asking there advice .

Last time I ordered from Justcartridges it was parcel force. Delivery driver was vile, he refused to lift them off his van or carry to the house. "Not my job" he quoted. I rang JC and put him on live CCTV. JC didn't give a damm.

24 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Last time I ordered from Justcartridges it was parcel force. Delivery driver was vile, he refused to lift them off his van or carry to the house. "Not my job" he quoted. I rang JC and put him on live CCTV. JC didn't give a damm.

If they weren’t off the van they weren’t delivered ,you should have complained to Parcelforce about the driver.

2 hours ago, holloway said:

If they weren’t off the van they weren’t delivered ,you should have complained to Parcelforce about the driver.

I just pointed out the CCTV and told him every word and action was recorded so he could take them back. I then waited by the door for him to decide.

If he hadn't been an ***, I had my son and son in law waiting as part of the order was for them. They were going to load them direct into their cars. It took him a while to decide to unload and an even longer time to carry several thousand cartridges without help from kerb to house, all while we stood and watched. My son in law is a postman, said if I sent in the footage it would have cost him at least a written warning.

Sometimes, taking no action is the right action. I doubt it altered his attitude but he'll certainly remember having to carry them and knowing if he gobbed off if was on camera. 

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I just pointed out the CCTV and told him every word and action was recorded so he could take them back. I then waited by the door for him to decide.

If he hadn't been an ***, I had my son and son in law waiting as part of the order was for them. They were going to load them direct into their cars. It took him a while to decide to unload and an even longer time to carry several thousand cartridges without help from kerb to house, all while we stood and watched. My son in law is a postman, said if I sent in the footage it would have cost him at least a written warning.

Sometimes, taking no action is the right action. I doubt it altered his attitude but he'll certainly remember having to carry them and knowing if he gobbed off if was on camera. 

Well handled,the best way to deal with ignorance.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Nice one! Now, can you sort my postmen/women out, please?