The Webley Premier

Mr.C

Just been gifted one of these that needs a strip and clean, prob a new seal too. 

Any tips on how to remove the screwed in barrel pivot plug to get to the seal? Is it just brute force? I'm assuming that using the barrel lug is unwise. 

Also a Webley Sports Starting Pistol in the same gift. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are possibly some videos on this on Utube,the barrel is removed and a bar of suitable thickness is used as a lever to unscrew the spring guide from the body.This is usually very tight and can be almost impossible to move especially on the alloy Mk2 Premier.But if it is unscrewed the spring and piston can be removed.

Just now, TOPGUN749 said:

There are possibly some videos on this on Utube,the barrel is removed and a bar of suitable thickness is used as a lever to unscrew the spring guide from the body.This is usually very tight and can be almost impossible to move especially on the alloy Mk2 Premier.But if it is unscrewed the spring and piston can be removed.The starting pistol is quite desirable to collectors,and can make over £100,I have sometimes seen them on eBay and amazed at the prices reached.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I made something to remove that plug which was indeed quite snug.

Doesn't look too bad at all inside so am going to fit a new barrel seal, arrived yesterday, and see how we get on.