A damn good flocking !

A few weeks ago the subject of flocking of decoys was mentioned but I now cannot find it. Someone was after knowing where to purchase the grey flocking material to do this yourself. If they care to send me a PM, I maybe able to assist.

OB

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Flocking hell, do you mean this one?

That`s the one, thanks Dave :good:

27 minutes ago, marsh man said:

No thanks , I have heard there are some rumon folk in the North of the county and I am not sure my Corvid jabs will give me full protection :hmm:

Those `CORVID` jabs can certainly be deadly, John.  Keep them at arms length and away from Bobbie :yahoo:

51 minutes ago, ditchman said:

these flocking kits.........do they include an applicator for the flock dust.....how do you make the flock fibres sit upright on the glue ?

I didn`t have a flocking magnet handy :lol:, so just spread glue over the small areas that had come off and sprinkled the grey flocking stuff on it and shook off the residue. The object (I think) is purely to take the shine off. 

First picture is where a bird came over me where I had the lofters positioned but in my concentrating on the bird, lost all sight of the lofter which you can see took quite a bit of the shot :whistling:. Both lofter and pigeon came down !

Second picture is a small area of `flocking` showing that the grey flocking IMG_2801.JPG.32b405146d549df00064df315789824e.JPGstuff merely provides a matt covering. Not perfect, I know but for a first attempt, does the job.

Ditchy, I thought everyone knew what a flocking magnet was.

OB 

IMG_2802.JPG

Might save a lot of flocking about is to go out and buy some that have already been flocked , all sorted out .

10 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Those `CORVID` jabs can certainly be deadly, John.  Keep them at arms length and away from Bobbie :yahoo:

Now I know why the chap who done my jab was called Mr Daws , I bet a pound to a penny his first name was Jack :lol:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But where's the fun in that?

Paying someone else to do your flocking for you!  :cool1:

The fun is being able to spend more time in the field instead of flocking about in the shed trying dress up Mutton To Look Like Lamb , and in this case , Flocking pigeons .

Rant over , Do you know where I can buy the materials for this project :lol:

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

The fun is being able to spend more time in the field instead of flocking about in the shed trying dress up Mutton To Look Like Lamb , and in this case , Flocking pigeons .

Rant over , Do you know where I can buy the materials for this project :lol:

Unfortunately John I think the kits would have to be found in the USA and sent over.

42 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Unfortunately John I think the kits would have to be found in the USA and sent over.

Well what a paraphernalia T C , I will just stick going out in cloudy and dull conditions .

P S .... There are loads of guns and stuff in the sporting auction at Horners of Acle to today , start at noon , if you are quick you could put a online bid on :good:

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have all of mine painted with simple grey primer and Tippex for the neck bars!

Might have a look at the auction, not much on TV and the chaps on overtime will be gone by 13:00  

Keep things simple for simple minds is what I say

If you buy anything at the auction , I would be happy to pick anything up and keep it round mine until you have time to come down this way and pick it up .     MM

• 4 weeks later...