Sucker!

Scully

33 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have the one Ditchie upgraded for me and dare not use it it is so beautiful.  Interesting video, I think on you tube showing them being made, history etc.

Nooooo! Use it! It would be criminal not to, that’s what they’re for! 🙂

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Now Ditchman could work wonders with that!   :cool1:

Indeed. Must admit I wouldn’t mind a Ditchman special! 

I guess I'm also a sucker when it comes to Opinel. 

I do have a quite early one bought in France I guess around 50 years ago - which I do use around the garden, though don't 'carry' (not UK 'carry friendly').  Some years ago I bought two with bovine horn handles.  Very nice items, but were not really bought as 'users' and languish in a drawer.

I have two cabinets with drawers full of knives and I carry a simple single blade horrible looking thing which I paid $2 for at the checkout of a grocery store in Albany Texas twenty five years ago . It is 'built' so I occasionally under all the litte screws and give it a clean or better still put it under the Tstihl power washer. Comes up like you could almost shave with it.  BUT I still sit here admiring Ditchies work as it languishes in the late evening sun on my windowsil.

4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I've been considering a new one myself. So simple yet so functional.

I have my leatherman wave and my army issue clasp knife dated 1942, I just fancy a working alternative.

I have a drawer full of ‘working alternatives’, I’m just a sucker for a nice looking knife! 🙂