CZ vs Anschutz ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I'm thinking of getting a CZ 457 .22 Synthetic or an Anschutz .22 not sure which model yet.

The CZ is about £500 the annie is about £800 plus. My thinking is get the CZ and spend the £300 plus

on a 6x42 scope.  Any views on this. I've been shooting a CZ American for 16 years and think its

time for a change. It will be used for rabbiting.

Thanks all.

Had 455 found it heavy if your walking around shooting , had annies on and off for years , thats what i have now and wouldnt change it for the world ,love it , lighter than cz , build quality is second to none and the best trigger out there

2 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I'm thinking of getting a CZ 457 .22 Synthetic or an Anschutz .22 not sure which model yet.

The CZ is about £500 the annie is about £800 plus. My thinking is get the CZ and spend the £300 plus

on a 6x42 scope.  Any views on this. I've been shooting a CZ American for 16 years and think its

Thanks all.

Sixteen years isn’t really very long to keep a gun. 
If it’s working stick with what you have and spend the whole £800 on something else, like shooting.

20 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Thanks all.

If it’s time for a change you’ve answered your own question. I have both and as above, the anschutz is a higher quality piece. The cz will just keep working and doing what it was made for, nothing more, nothing less. As tools, they both do the job👍

I have CZ 457 and my shooting partner has Anschutz. His Anschutz had to go back , not accurate, very noisy  . Came back far better but he still says my CZ is more accurate , smother bolt action , easy to handle , goes to the shoulder with ease. 
Another mate has just got one and once again bolt is not that smooth .

Is it worth £300 more , not a chance 

I bought my CZ new around 25 years ago. In all that time it has been flawless despite never having been cleaned; all I’ve done to it is chopped the barrel to make it more vehicle friendly. 🙂

It has fired who knows how many rounds and accounted for rabbits, rooks and all manner of vermin, never missing a beat. It is a dedicated work tool and whilst never having been abused it has certainly been used as  I’m not precious about it at all. 
It is more accurate than me and nothing I’ve shot has ever complained. 🙂

I have no experience of Anshutz. 

If you’re precious about your guns ( the .22 is just a tool to me ) then personally I’d get the CZ. A mate has a Sako Finnfire, I think I’ve seen it maybe twice in fifteen years because he’s terrified of getting it marked. It sits in his cabinet just like his Landrover sits on his drive, terrified to use either. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Sorry. Missed that bit. 

😂....I think most did as they seem to be recommending him to get a cz. Nothing wrong with cz’s of course, I have two of them myself, but I get the feeling that he’s answered his own question and as such he should get the anschutz? 

• 1 month later...

Ive got both and the CZ performs and shoots faultlessly, the Anschutz is by far the better rifle by way of build quality and accuracy, I've got the short barrel thumb hole stock version and its deadly accurate with the mod on the balance is spot on, if you intend to keep it forever, go for the anschutz, proper well made piece of kit

I bought a second hand CZ 452 with the plastic stock about two years ago it’s been great. It’s done all I’ve asked of it and not worried if it gets marked out in the field with it. Cost less than £200 rifle, scope, silencer and bag  with 500 rounds cci subs. Wouldn’t think you’d need anything better really for killing vermin.