The Post Office Scandal ?? Any thought PW members ?

oldypigeonpopper

There are a lot of instances of major defects and mismanagement being disclosed but do the people in charge ever get charged or even get their names in the public eye. Of course they don't, did you see the person in charge of the maternity sections at the two hospitals named and shamed, did you see the person in charge of those same hospitals made public. "The buck stops here." said someone in charge once, and so it should but it rarely does.

Vic.

Atrocious scandal of injustice which makes me so so angry, but then it’s only one of several which does so. 
I despise injustice and those responsible for it. 
There is something very very wrong when those responsible for making such decisions are never held accountable. 

Hello, thanks for the replies, i put this post on after watching a report where an innocent man working hard with his wife in their post office accused of stealing money taking his life, and many 100s went through hell even prison when it was widely known that it was the Horizon computer system at fault, absolute  scandal , 

It's the old, old story of large IT projects.

The IT bods will have sold senior management the usual story that there is absolutely no problem with the software and that it went through beta testing faultlessly.

As soon as it is exposed to real life data and normal humans using it, the flaws show up, but the IT lot rarely, if ever, admit to having cocked anything up and senior management, having spent an arm and a leg on a crock of ****, pour all the blame downwards. 

Not, of course, that it has ever happened to me .....

Saw the report on bbc1 and the info the presenter showed to the lawyer for one of the post office owners stated that every effort made to protect the bosses and the Horizon system .They knew there was problems but as stated the higher up the tree you are the safer you are. There seems to be a culture in this country you can go bust take lots of smaller companies with you rob pension funds break banks cause all sorts of trouble for the country its citizens the environment cause deaths in war by lying      and get highly rewarded for it. This culture needs jailing at the least and treated to the same justice as the postmasters were ie bankrupted given criminal convictions then let them relish on what they have left which should be zero

10 hours ago, amateur said:

It's the old, old story of large IT projects.

The IT bods will have sold senior management the usual story that there is absolutely no problem with the software and that it went through beta testing faultlessly.

As soon as it is exposed to real life data and normal humans using it, the flaws show up, but the IT lot rarely, if ever, admit to having cocked anything up and senior management, having spent an arm and a leg on a crock of ****, pour all the blame downwards. 

Not, of course, that it has ever happened to me .....

Still going on to this day as well - ask me how I know.......