An interesting problem

Walker570

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great ideas there guys and I think Ditchies idea might work as the pipe does run down at an angle 😃

It is about 35 yars/mtrs with two sharpish bends each end. The electricians fishtail is an idea but most run out at about 30 longer ones can be purchased at a price.

I have a couple of hundred yards of high tensile fencing wire which I think may do the job IF it will go around the two bends. Turn a couple of inches over at the end and wrap well in insulating tape to stop it snagging.    I will cut a short  piece and see if it will go round the bend before we do.

41 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Are the bends physically part of the pipe or can they be taken off?. Would be easier to run it down a straight length then re attach the bends

Fixed I'm afraid but being 6 inches in diameter it might go around.  If not then a fibregalss fish tail will have to be acquired. It is such a long run between two sheds.

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what about tying some fishing line to a ping pong ball and turning the hose pipe on.......(modified version of my original design)...(Plan B)

hollow

Hahahahaha, i think he meant were there internal ribs but that was a crackin answer. :-)

Fishing line or light string. Plastic carrier bag with a screwed up bag inside it. Tie to string. Shove in pipe . Vacuum cleaner hose at other end, just make sure string is loose.

whereabouts are you as I have

93m / 9mm cobra , same as BT use. It was 100m until,one of my sparks tried freeing a jam by connecting it to the tow bar!

also smaller one 40m/6mm

5 hours ago, Wymondley said:

You need duct rod, sometimes called a "cobra". 

It's a roll of flexible fibreglass rod for just this type of job, comes in various lengths/diameters.

You can hire them from most tool hire places.

Plus one for a cobra..  one thing to note is that they come in different diameters which affect flexibility, so you’d be best looking at what your hire shop has in stock to see if you felt it could cope with your two sharp bends (most cable ducts are designed without sharp bends so the rental cobras may be a bit stiff for your needs).  You’d be looking at £20-£40 for a weekends hire typically..