FAC Rapid7 MKII

Dekers

Hello, you could try Emmet  and Stone, shotgun and rifle service on web site,, there's a chap in Deddington Oxon that is a very good with air rifles, there's a few on the UK airgun forum I know but you may need to post, there's a chap called Dr Bob on the The Theoben  rapid forum, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, you could try Emmet  and Stone, shotgun and rifle service on web site,, there's a chap in Deddington Oxon that is a very good with air rifles, there's a few on the UK airgun forum I know but you may need to post, there's a chap called Dr Bob on the The Theoben  rapid forum, 

I think Dr Bob is in Yorkshire? 

On 26/04/2022 at 09:33, oldypigeonpopper said:

Tried Emmett & Stone, they don't Service Theoben because they can't get the "O" Rings, that seems strange to me, they are all over eBay etc!!!

The various Forum haven't helped so far!  Who is the chap in Deddington please, do you have contact details, I'm Oxford way quite a bit!

Cheers

3 hours ago, Dekers said:

Tried Emmett & Stone, they don't Service Theoben because they can't get the "O" Rings, that seems strange to me, they are all over eBay etc!!!

That says to me there better off avoided anyway. 

On 26/04/2022 at 08:53, Dekers said:

Closest place to Reading to get a decent Service for this please? 

Many Thanks! :thumbs:

Wouldn’t you have a go at it yourself Dekers ? Sign up to the rapid forum, some great fellas on there all the advice, parts and instructions you need . 

Rich 

22 hours ago, scouser said:

If it’s F.A.C. Doesn’t it have to go by  R.F.D.?

No, there are a limited number of carriers who can deal with FAC.

But..... that's another reason why I want someone reasonably close so I can do face to face handover and have a chat!!

19 hours ago, rapid rich said:

Wouldn’t you have a go at it yourself Dekers ? Sign up to the rapid forum, some great fellas on there all the advice, parts and instructions you need . 

Rich 

Nope, I can strip/build, rimfires/centrefires/shotguns/pistols all day long, but for some reason I'm nervous, and simply don't want to service PCP.

I've tried various forums and several people have kindly offered support if I want to do it myself, but this job is not for me!

22 hours ago, Mice! said:

That says to me there better off avoided anyway. 

My feelings as well, it did surprise me though, they have an in house gunsmith and advertise all gun servicing, inc. PCP.

They are also a half decent and large RFD, with seemingly a large stock! 

:hmm:

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

Do you have a name/contact details please?

I'm Oxford way quite often.

Cheers

Hello, go on the UK AGF air gun forum and search for a chap called Cloverleaf AKA Mike, he lives in Deddington and he is the PCP man , I am sure he can help, you drop rifle off and pick up when finished, hope this helps

11 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, go on the UK AGF air gun forum and search for a chap called Cloverleaf AKA Mike, he lives in Deddington and he is the PCP man , I am sure he can help, you drop rifle off and pick up when finished, hope this helps

Thanks, found him and sent PM.

54 minutes ago, ant.mass said:

i dont think Mike is RFD but i maybe wrong

Just had a reply, he isn't! :no:

This may well be an issue as work would have to be done while I waited.

Nothing is simple, this could be a deal breaker!!

Any other ideas from anyone?

Cheers