Moderator question ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

If you have two .22  rimfires can you use one moderator on both of them or is it 2 rifles 2 mods ?.

I also have a Parker Hale mod which is not on ticket as it came off a sub 12ft air rifle .

How would i put this on ticket for my new .22 rimfire when i get it. 

Thanks all.

when you bought each rifle they would have had to have the mods on them and added to your certificate at the same time as the rifles if only one had a mod you can't use it on the other rifle as won't be legal the other mod just inform your firearms dept that you took the mod of the air rifle to use on your .22lr rifle if you have an open slot for the mod if you don't you will have to apply for it

I understood that you could use one mod on two guns. Looking at the latest guidance it states:

12.79 Sound moderators should be assigned a calibre, but it is good practice to permit them to be used with more than one calibre of firearm. It is a matter for the individual shooter, subject to the “good reason” test, to decide whether to use a moderator on more than one suitable firearm or to have individual moderators for each firearm.

If in doubt I'd check with your local dept.

You can use just one moderator for both your rifles, you just have to get your FAC conditioned for this.

I use my 243 Mod on my 223 rifle. My Firearms dept.  just told me to send in my FAC and it was conditioned without charge.

I would advise not to put your air rifle mod on ticket as you may wish at a later date to sell it to another airgun user, which if it has been put on your FAC you wont be able to. I assume that when you applied for your FAC originally you requested Mods with both rifles, so 4 slots on your FAC. As you have now only used 3, that frees you up for something else down the road.

Hope this helps.

FB

Edited by Flyboy1950