Making a Dhansak

TIGHTCHOKE

Dhansak usually has pineapple juice in it as a sweetener, I put chunks in as well and increase the chilli. Always find with curry that cooking the chicken on skewers is best, 190 deg C for 9 minutes then turn skewer for another 9, put a couple of tablespoons of water in the catch pan to keep the meat moist. If you are looking for a cheap easy marinade then the Pataks flavour pots are very good (Aldi 2 for 99p) the Tikka Masala is superb just empty the pot into a sealable plastic bag with a teaspoon of oil and a tablespoon of lemon juice, pop in your chicken chunks, seal and leave as long as you can, give the bag a good massage every time you go to the fridge.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Bit of a thread revival, tonight’s offerings.

Garlic chillic chicken

Chicken Balti (I know it’s not the traditional way of cooking and serving it in an actual Balti pan)

Chicken Korma for the ladies

937379C0-C5AF-4449-8A15-DB19EFD942D7.jpeg

and very nice too i bet :good:

• 4 weeks later...

I made a BIR version of chicken tikka masala with home made naans last night.  Marinated the chicken in spiced yoghurt and then cooked it under a really hot grill before adding it to a pan of curry base gravy & spices.  Really easy and really tasty.   I also made a quorn version for my daughter - which was surprisingly tasty.  

F779530C-E538-4685-BE05-3BC2A1FC1B75.jpeg