Aim to Sustain

Scully

Summary translation.....

Aim to Sustain is continuing down the path to completely ban lead even though sourcing it's replacement has not yet proved possible and relies on functioning global markets which are currently breaking down and as such we risk leaving no legal or inexpensive option for those we claim to represent.

Just like the UK Gov prematurely closed electricity generating assets prior to building their replacements.... just like the Push to electric cars, just like banning gas boilers etc etc etc.

The market (people exercising free choice) will always choose the most effective option and the market prefers lead ammunition......

The earliest documented timescale for this transition that I have to hand (BRL Report to Defra) is from 1992. Here we are 30 years later with little or no progress yet this mob reckon that they can do it in 5. Perhaps they could spare a couple of minutes and advise the government on how to expedite the payments due to the ill treated Post Office staff. I won't hold my breath.

I wasn’t even aware of ATS existence, but here we are, an organisation consisting of nine partners including CLA, BASC, NGO, GCWT etc etc. blah blah blah de daaaaa. 
It’s obviously set up as a mouthpiece for the nine, which would be great if it wasn’t the same old ****! 

1 hour ago, 8 shot said:

I thought the Call for Evidence by certain government bodies, all these uncertainties ie. supply chain, price, suitable alternatives etc. had to be set in place before anything could change 

Yep. I would feel a little - not a lot - more confident had ATS specifically mentioned the four criteria in their penultimate sentence, " lest they forget".