What PCP air rifle?

steve_b_wales

Further to my question about the Webley Raider 12, that my friend was thinking of buying, he Is now narrowed his 'choice' to one of these which are within his budget:

Gamo Coyote Tactical

Walther Rotex RM8

Gamo GX-40

Gamo Venari

I know nothing about any of them, other than what I've read. Out of these four, which would be the best all rounder?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Further to my question about the Webley Raider 12, that my friend was thinking of buying, he Is now narrowed his 'choice' to one of these which are within his budget:

Gamo Coyote Tactical

Walther Rotex RM8

Gamo GX-40

Gamo Venari

I know nothing about any of them, other than what I've read. Out of these four, which would be the best all rounder?

Thanks.

The Gamo PCP rifles are made in Birmingham by BSA and are basically the same action in different stocks, they also have different barrel and cylinder lengths. The longer cylinder / barrel combination will give more shots. The quality of the build in the Gamo I think is better than the Walther Rotex. The Gamo with the correct pellet should hit a 1p coin out to 40 yards where the Rotex grouping should be a little tighter because of the regulator. The Rotex is also considerably heavier. If parts or servicing are needed I feel the Gamo will be much easier to accommodate. 

11 hours ago, sportsbob said:

The Gamo PCP rifles are made in Birmingham by BSA and are basically the same action in different stocks, they also have different barrel and cylinder lengths. The longer cylinder / barrel combination will give more shots. The quality of the build in the Gamo I think is better than the Walther Rotex. The Gamo with the correct pellet should hit a 1p coin out to 40 yards where the Rotex grouping should be a little tighter because of the regulator. The Rotex is also considerably heavier. If parts or servicing are needed I feel the Gamo will be much easier to accommodate. 

Thanks for that. To be honest, I was looking at the Gamo brand myself, as I may buy an air rifle for my grandson to use. 

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the Gamo G X 40 would be my choice, I took a friend to buy a PCP and we checked one out, only a bit to heavy as he cannot get about well, went for the FX T 12, check out Gamo GX 40 reviews Steve, can fill with hand pump, and a Hawke scope would be ideal, 

Thanks. I think this is the one he'll go for.