NV add on problem

steve_b_wales

I've got one of these add on NV's, which has worked well in the past. I tried it earlier, and after attaching it to my scope, switched it on and all I could see was a bright light which obliterated the reticule. It was as if a torch was shining through the other end. This add on NV relies on IR to work, and I cannot understand why I am seeing this light shining, which can also be seen when it's dark with no additional light source.

Any idea's, or who I can contact with view of them looking at it for me?

Thanks.

NV 1.jpg

NV 2.jpg

Edited by steve_b_wales

12 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Stumps me but watching with interest.

Me too Dave. I don't know where this 'light' is coming from. Looking through the NV/Scope and all  can see is a bright circle. Even altering the contrast etc on the NV doesn't remove it. Looking through the NV when it's off the scope, I can see whatever I'm pointing at, albeit a bit blurry. Do you know what type of NV this is? I had it off Daren Morgan, who I think you know?

Edited by steve_b_wales

17 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Me too Dave. I don't know where this 'light' is coming from. Looking through the NV/Scope and all  can see is a bright circle. Even altering the contrast etc on the NV doesn't remove it. Looking through the NV when it's off the scope, I can see whatever I'm pointing at, albeit a bit blurry. Do you know what type of NV this is? I had it off Daren Morgan, who I think you know?

I don't recognize it TBH. I know of a Darren but with a different last name I think. 

5 hours ago, reindeer said:

Did you try to use an external illuminator? Might be that the IR from the illuminator is strong enough to give you a clear image. I

No, just tried it without any IR light. I will try it again though and use my Solaris SRX to see how it goes. This NV is a few year old, I don't use it now as I've got a Vulpine Mk 3.