Zoli kronos

tweedledee

You sure it's half and half??  Was it checked with one of those brass plug things?  My Zoli was sold to me as half and half but when I had it serviced by Zoli, I asked them to check it.  They said that it was threequarters and full. I've since part ex'd it for the CG Invictus.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

You sure it's half and half??  Was it checked with one of those brass plug things?  My Zoli was sold to me as half and half but when I had it serviced by Zoli, I asked them to check it.  They said that it was threequarters and full. I've since part ex'd it for the CG Invictus.

Will check later..it would seem tight for a sporter....

More costly for chokes if the barrels are chrome lined, as it is a lot harder to remove metal.

I have had a Salvinelli Monaco for about ten years. I did have two, but traded the multi-choke to button. I had my fixed chokes taken from 3/4 and full to 3/8 and 3/8, by Nigel Teague. Never found anything out of range and happy with it.

21 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

More costly for chokes if the barrels are chrome lined, as it is a lot harder to remove metal.

I have had a Salvinelli Monaco for about ten years. I did have two, but traded the multi-choke to button. I had my fixed chokes taken from 3/4 and full to 3/8 and 3/8, by Nigel Teague. Never found anything out of range and happy with it.

Gordon how do ya rate salvinelli?? That's a gun I'd love to try and not being one of the big stablemates..I like having something a little different..the Kronos definitely was a tidy bit of kit for the money..but not interested due to choking being too tight

I rate it very highly. Thousands and thousands of shells through it, never had a problem. Still locks up as tight as a drum. No sign of wear. best handling gun I have ever owned. Quite heavy on the scales, but feels a whole lot lighter. - about 65. Had Brownings, Winchesters, Mirokus, Berettas etc. - none better, although I had a Winchester 101 Trap, which was almost comparable. button got my multi-choke. I would be interested in how he found it.

The Salvinelli Monza had trigger problems. Revised trigger mechanism for the Monaco and subsequent models. They have shot up in price - about 2 or 3 times the what they were. 

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

I rate it very highly. Thousands and thousands of shells through it, never had a problem. Still locks up as tight as a drum. No sign of wear. best handling gun I have ever owned. Quite heavy on the scales, but feels a whole lot lighter. - about 65. Had Brownings, Winchesters, Mirokus, Berettas etc. - none better, although I had a Winchester 101 Trap, which was almost comparable. button got my multi-choke. I would be interested in how he found it.

The Salvinelli Monza had trigger problems. Revised trigger mechanism for the Monaco and subsequent models. They have shot up in price - about 2 or 3 times the what they were. 

Love it - great gun and it balances beautifully and if I come across a nice game scence engraved one at the right money that will be joining it

I see John Jeffries who does Perazzi HPX is also now doing 33 and 34" Salvinellis 

28 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Trouble is, its another gun the trade are not enthusiastic about as not many people know what they are. Much easier to sell a bog standard Beretta, Browning etc......

I look on it as an opportunity to get a second hand gun at a fraction of the new price.  There are a number of 'less favoured makes' - my personal 'like' is Merkel, but I know someone else on here likes a Chapuis, and there are no doubt others that are similarly 'out of favour'.  Zoli get good write ups in reviews.

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I look on it as an opportunity to get a second hand gun at a fraction of the new price.  There are a number of 'less favoured makes' - my personal 'like' is Merkel, but I know someone else on here likes a Chapuis, and there are no doubt others that are similarly 'out of favour'.  Zoli get good write ups in reviews.

Think that could be yours truly. One of the things about them is the weight - or lack of it. For hide work you simply don't need a canon even when steel proofed. Having said that, the Zoli that I was given - basically a 'Game' version with 'extras' did have some weight. You can't buy them and the engraving on these few guns in question was something else. Unfortunately, just after I was given it the arthritis struck and I couldn't manage it and had to give it back which was annoying as heavy or not it handled well and was well made. Also agree with the Merkel.

12 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Think that could be yours truly. One of the things about them is the weight - or lack of it. For hide work you simply don't need a canon even when steel proofed. Having said that, the Zoli that I was given - basically a 'Game' version with 'extras' did have some weight. You can't buy them and the engraving on these few guns in question was something else. Unfortunately, just after I was given it the arthritis struck and I couldn't manage it and had to give it back which was annoying as heavy or not it handled well and was well made. Also agree with the Merkel.

You still looking to sell?