what orgs are you with

mossy835

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

NGO but I believe they have all sold us down the river on Lead and don't deserve our funds.

I left BASC a few years back.  Joined Scottish Gamekeepers Association (SGA) instead. As far as I'm aware, they are the only org to have not gone along with the lead fiasco.  e.g. here Lead Shot Ammunition | Scottish Gamekeepers  and here Scottish Gamekeepers Association News: THE SGA AND LEAD SHOT

Edited by Piebob

Basc only choice ,over the years I have had legal advice, ballistic advice, wildfowling support through management plans ,one to one consultations on legal matters,gundog related advice ,health and safety guidance re pheasant shoots,and many many inclusive benefits.

However I do have one fairly substantial whinge ………I bought some of there special offer crisps and they we’re truly rank even the dog turned his nose up.

1 hour ago, holloway said:

Basc only choice

You're going to have to explain that one.

You're backing an organisation that has well and truly shafted the vast majority of shooters.

Scottish Gamekeepers Association are the only one I think who did not jump into bed with BASC with this lead ammunition farce so I joined them.

4 hours ago, samboy said:

I won't be rejoining the BASC this year.

When the true horror of the lead shot debacle came out I phoned them and told them to cancel my membership with immediate effect - and made sure they knew the reason why.  I suggest you do the same; if enough people object to their incompetence there may be a tiny possibility that they'll finally sit up and take notice of the people who fund their company cars.

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

I am with B A S C simply because it is built in with my wildfowling clubs membership 

Ditto. It’s part of my club membership. Also, one of my permissions requires it to shoot there so no choice in the matter.

7 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

You're going to have to explain that one.

You're backing an organisation that has well and truly shafted the vast majority of shooters.

Scottish Gamekeepers Association are the only one I think who did not jump into bed with BASC with this lead ammunition farce so I joined them.

When the true horror of the lead shot debacle came out I phoned them and told them to cancel my membership with immediate effect - and made sure they knew the reason why.  I suggest you do the same; if enough people object to their incompetence there may be a tiny possibility that they'll finally sit up and take notice of the people who fund their company cars.

I explained my choice with 6 good reasons in my post .As for the lead shot ban ,well I haven’t used anything other than steel for the last 8 or 9 years in all of my guns ,it’s time for some to move on ,or just wake up to reality .

12 hours ago, samboy said:

I won't be rejoining the BASC this year. With no insurance what's the point.

I will have to follow this post to see what i think will be best for me.

I only shoot rabbits squirrels and clays. 

BASC insurance have only stopped covering legal fees, members are still covered for £10million third party liability if they cause an accident whilst shooting.

KWCA only.

We have our own £10,000,000 insurance cover, all the club facilities including all the shooting you can want for.

Associate members can join for £30, which give access to website, events, insurance etc. and a day's shooting all in

Since we disaffiliated from BASC we haven't looked back, and for this year starting 1st April we already have over 1,000 members. Full members saved over £50 a year when we disaffiliated. Sad to leave BASC, but we felt there were good reasons for doing so - which I will not rehearse here in case they threaten to sue us again!

1 hour ago, Ajarrett said:

KWCA only.

We have our own £10,000,000 insurance cover, all the club facilities including all the shooting you can want for.

Associate members can join for £30, which give access to website, events, insurance etc. and a day's shooting all in

Since we disaffiliated from BASC we haven't looked back, and for this year starting 1st April we already have over 1,000 members. Full members saved over £50 a year when we disaffiliated. Sad to leave BASC, but we felt there were good reasons for doing so - which I will not rehearse here in case they threaten to sue us again!

Brilliant if you live in or near Kent .

11 hours ago, holloway said:

Basc only choice ,over the years I have had legal advice, ballistic advice, wildfowling support through management plans ,one to one consultations on legal matters,gundog related advice ,health and safety guidance re pheasant shoots,and many many inclusive benefits.

However I do have one fairly substantial whinge ………I bought some of there special offer crisps and they we’re truly rank even the dog turned his nose up.

Ah, that explains it - no on else could get a look in! :innocent::whistling:

WAGBI then, reluctantly, BASC.   I did not want it to be anything other than an organisation for fowlers.

They are not perfect but probably the best of the current bunch for the activities I have.   That's fowling, vermin and stalking.

They did give my very small wildfowling (six members) much support when we had a battle with Natural England about our licence.  (NE own the land that we shoot).   All sorted now with a three year licence.

Don't get me started on lead shot for everything though... 

19 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

BASC and SACS. Both have given substantial support in maintaining our wildfowling here at Caerlaverock……and continue to do so!

Lovely part of the world, shot there over 40 years ago.

Tell me,  what are you doing with the thousands of birds that you must be finding dead, due to lead shot ingestion ? Our marshes down here do not seem to be suffering any losses.