what orgs are you with

mossy835

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Like I said, it’s of no concern to any of the farmers I know.

Well then it must be ok, happy days. Not sure your racehorse trainers/owners will be to chuffed his £500,000 pension fund goes T*ts up because of contaminated fodder 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Well then it must be ok, happy days. Not sure your racehorse trainers/owners will be to chuffed his £500,000 pension fund goes T*ts up because of contaminated fodder 

I doubt any of the farmers I know sell fodder to race horse owners, although one or two do own some pretty valuable Texel rams. 🙂

Had a quick read of the latest issue BASC comic at lunchtime, gone full on scaremongering on lead shot and public health this month, seem the environment claims have been a little bit undone by a report of 1500 nature reserves in 68 countries being no better than any other land not in reserves. Game shooting is hanging in the balance at the moment with Covid the last couple of years and now bird flu and the cost of rearing. They do seem to want to cut off the hand that feeds them.

14 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Had a quick read of the latest issue BASC comic at lunchtime, gone full on scaremongering on lead shot and public health this month, seem the environment claims have been a little bit undone by a report of 1500 nature reserves in 68 countries being no better than any other land not in reserves. Game shooting is hanging in the balance at the moment with Covid the last couple of years and now bird flu and the cost of rearing. They do seem to want to cut off the hand that feeds them.

I imagine their stand ( I’m assuming they’ll be there ) at Harrogate will be busy this weekend! 

Now the HSE are involved & have an axe to grind the use of lead ammunition will be banned irrespective of potential risk.Clay shoots, Target gun clubs et al take note ,they will be coming! Their funding is now raised mainly from fines/ prosecution . The government funding of this organisation was dramatically changed a few years ago to a self funding model. 

On 06/05/2022 at 16:21, Scully said:

I imagine their stand ( I’m assuming they’ll be there ) at Harrogate will be busy this weekend! 

Lets hope so, i'll bet there's not one senior member of staff there, they'll throw the new younger reps out there to face the roth of the shooting commuity. Hopefully it will be like agricultures Red Tractor cartell and noboby will want to work for them, and will just fail to be significant🤞

• 2 weeks later...