Coterminous renewal gone in.

My licence is up for renewal in August and I received my reminder about 3 weeks ago. I put my ‘form’ in to the doctors and picked the completed form just over two weeks later (£15).

On Thursday the 28th of April I completed the online application for Merseyside police and sent it in including digital copies of my old licence and also of the doctors form and my pic.

Paid online and got an acknowledgment, hopefully all will be well.

I may email asking if all info supplied is sufficient just to get confirmation that I have given everything that is required.

The only complaint to date from me is that you have to complete the online application in one sitting and cannot do part and save it to return later.

This was because I got thrown out whilst having a problem downloading pics and had to start all over again, a very frustrating moment.

Hi Goodshot

I renewed under Merseyside in 2020 and it could only be done online at that time, they had also suspended home visits for checks due to covid. I agree the website application form is a bit of a pain, I got timed out on a few goes and if I recall, you only get 30 minutes to complete the form which was glitchy and as you mention could not be saved.

Once I finally completed it I had no problems. Had a telephone call from them asking had my strorage arrangements changed. About 8 months later when all the covid restrictions were lifted I had a pre arranged security visit that was convenient for myself from two very nice ladies, they were very prompt, professional, checked storage, model numbers and then they were away.

Re the gp letter I paid £45 through shotgun medicals as my surgery were unsure of the gp timescales for any type of response. I found that service very satisfactory.

Hope you get sorted

On 05/05/2022 at 19:04, steve1066 said:

My son had to pay £100 over in North Wales.

This is the problem, there no set amount, it’s up to each individual surgery to charge what they want.

Edited by kevinw

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update.

Coterminous certificates received today as requested and due for renewal on 7th August, and includes .22 fac air rifle and mod asked to be added during home visit.

Excellent work all done in good time by Merseyside FA licensing dept.