Essex Masters

Wylye

46 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Some not very complimentary reports circulating today from people who shot it.  Maybe it’s had its day?

Any chance of some elaboration/quotes? I’ve shot it the last four years and other than the price increase at the last minute and the cost of the food offerings I found it just as good as previous years. 

14 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Any chance of some elaboration/quotes? I’ve shot it the last four years and other than the price increase at the last minute and the cost of the food offerings I found it just as good as previous years. 

Poor targets was the main complaint. A lot of quartering away stuff and not much effort made apparently.

27 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Poor targets was the main complaint. A lot of quartering away stuff and not much effort made apparently.

Hmmm fair enough, everyone has their views/opinions I suppose. It’s the old “you can’t please everyone”.   As I’ve said before I found it to be a good event with a good mix of targets and enjoyed it, I’ll be booking in again next year too. 

I suppose the trek from the West Country didn't help. Its not the easiest of places to get to from this part of the country. Then the expense of overnights etc. etc. Then if you shoot badly its always the shoots fault don't you find?

11 minutes ago, Wylye said:

I suppose the trek from the West Country didn't help. Its not the easiest of places to get to from this part of the country. Then the expense of overnights etc. etc. Then if you shoot badly its always the shoots fault don't you find?

I would agree completely,  I can understand with the long journey’s plus the expense and then not performing as you’d hoped would leave a sour taste. I have the advantage of it being on my doorstep but the lack of knowledge and skill to put in a competitive score 🤣. I’ve done my fair share of travelling to shoot competitions and I stick to blaming my lack of skill (or the people talking behind me ruining my concentration 🤣😂) rather than the course/targets. I made the choice to attend and pay out the £’s and then I didn’t perform….that’s on me 🤷‍♂️

i have seen reports saying boring targets all close just like dtl or skeet nothing to make you think.yet i noticed none of the people saying this were in the winners list.as usual they are clever targets that deceive they dont need to be distant or supersonic. 

• 2 weeks later...