Corvid day

muncher

I have been keeping an eye for any pigeon activity but unfortunately I could find anything worth setting up for. On my travels I spotted a field with a lot of crows on and I believed I new who’s farm it was, after a call or two I had permission on a new farm. I hadn’t any decoys other than four dead pigeons so I set up at the far end of the field away from some nearby houses, with the light wind in my face, not ideal , but it was the best position for a hide. After half an hour I had two down and placed them out as decoys. The crows were very cagey and kept veering away. The dead slowly increased and with it the crows became more confident and started to decoy quite well, the only shame was the carrion crows were not being fooled, I did bag a few of them but it was mainly rooks I shot. I finished with 62 crows  and 3 pigeons. So a nice session. 

298E1EE0-0D5A-47D8-AD1A-C0520E2CF2F1.jpeg

Again a nice report , a two way bonus , the landowner have got less Crows to worry about and you have gained a new farm to shoot over .

A strange day indeed , I saw a few Pigeons getting on the Peas mid week and thought the numbers might had built up for today , how wrong I was , the Peas were the first field I looked at and it was deserted , not even any Pigeons got out of the nearby wood and the surrounding trees , checked out all the o s r fields and again deserted , by now I admitted defeat and headed off home without having a shot , the first Saturday for as long as I can remember , mind you the weather was like a mid Summers day and like we hear very often , it was just nice to be out .