A new low for Packham

sam triple

The real low is with the BBC keeping giving him 'air time' (and also lots of money!).

Packham is known to have fairly extreme views - and has (by his own admission) mental health issues.  Now I don't fully understand these things, but as I understand it from what I can read on 'serious' pages on the internet - some of the characteristics of his 'condition' (Aspergers syndrome) include being self centred, being obsessive about 'pet' subjects, difficulty managing emotions and ignoring other peoples views and opinions. 

These are not characteristics that align with the BBC's need to be impartial and unbiased, or those who are presenting a broad spectrum prime time TV programme on a national broadcaster channel.

53 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Having read the article I do agree with his comments about children playing. When I was young we would always play games in the local woods, now when out in the same woods with the dogs I never see children playing and just being children. 

Maybe they’re frightened of your dogs! 🙂

He is what he is?

Maybe he needs to be careful of what he wishes?

As for the BBC, it needs putting to  the market so that people are obliged to pay for their garbage? I wouldn't pay.

I see that he along with others has a 7 year contract to roam the world causing the climate symptoms he rails against? How delightful?

4 hours ago, old man said:

As for the BBC, it needs putting to  the market so that people are obliged to pay for their garbage? I wouldn't pay.

I see that he along with others has a 7 year contract to roam the world causing the climate symptoms he rails against? How delightful?

Borris has put a shot across their bowl in regard to revenue but it should have been the DG wheeled in and TOLD  in no uncertain terms about HOW the BBC WILL BE RUN.  Then they should have to justify the money that they do get.  Examples.... why do they have two lots of weather forecast,  one after the other by different teams.?  Why then after the national news do we get programs about local news.  Most of it isn't news at all and the rest is yesterday's news rehashed about how some granny got splashed by a lorry.  Why do they need tv teams and radio teams going to some place abroad to cover the same thing. A lot of it is just stirring the pot and hyping it up for the sake of a story. 

5 hours ago, Minky said:

Borris has put a shot across their bowl in regard to revenue but it should have been the DG wheeled in and TOLD  in no uncertain terms about HOW the BBC WILL BE RUN.  Then they should have to justify the money that they do get.  Examples.... why do they have two lots of weather forecast,  one after the other by different teams.?  Why then after the national news do we get programs about local news.  Most of it isn't news at all and the rest is yesterday's news rehashed about how some granny got splashed by a lorry.  Why do they need tv teams and radio teams going to some place abroad to cover the same thing. A lot of it is just stirring the pot and hyping it up for the sake of a story. 

Hello, I think these weather people get a fee for being on TV ? I have met one and found him rather up his own ****

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I had a small confrontation with one and got the “do you know who I am?” 
Classic remark from an **** hole.

Hello, that's about right, I met him via a couple who we lived near, when they had a family gathering, he was a nephew of the couple, when my neighbours past away the 2 families fell out over the Wills 🤔, he still on TV 

2 hours ago, London Best said:

I had a small confrontation with one and got the “do you know who I am?” 
Classic remark from an **** hole.

i have come across that remark several times............my usual repost was (in my best londonese)..."i aint got a ****** clue mate".........which usually causes some distress

• 2 weeks later...