Lancashire Renewals

Just saying I’ve had my renewals through from Lancashire Constabulary, really nice people to deal with, from the office admin., to the young lass who came to do the home visit.

The only difficulty was getting the medical certificate out of my GP. I printed the form out, delivered it by hand and paid the fee. Waited three weeks and then rang to enquire. Not yet done. Excuse they didn’t have the paper copies of my records from my previous GP. I’ve only been registered with this practice for 3 years! Having moved to a new village.
Rang again a week later, same story! I offered to go to my old GP and collect the paper records. No don’t do that!

Rang again a week later, same story, same offer from me, same response from them.

Rang the following week and was advised it was “with the Doctor”.  

Another week passes and I’m told they have emailed it to Lancashire Constabulary.

Quick phone call to Lancashire and they checked and confirmed they had NOT received it, they had had several from the same surgery but not mine!

Another call to my GP., when I asked to call in and collect the hard copy, so that I could send it in with my application forms. A long wait on the phone whilst she checked. Only to be told they had shredded the form!

They sent me a PDF. Phone call to Lancs Constabulary to explain. They immediately said if it has the Doctor’s signature and practice stamp that would be Ok, so I emailed it to them and 15 minutes later had an email to say it had been received.

We are now a month away from my renewal date, so I hand delivered my forms and cheque to the gatehouse at the Lancs headquarters, it’s only 10 minutes from where I live. 

The following day a very polite phone call from Lancashire asking for a new photo. Apparently they can’t use the same one twice. A quick selfie in the hallway and emailed the new mugshot to Lancashire, 10 minutes later an email saying “that’ll do nicely”.

The following day a phone call asking for an appointment for the home visit. Arranged for two days later! 

Young lady arrives bang on time. Sit in the kitchen, goes through the form, checks storage, checks serial numbers etc., Confirms everything is in order and the renewals arrive in the post a week before the old ones expire.

We hear a lot of negative reports about the police handling of these things but it is good to report excellent service from Lancashire Constabulary and great folk to deal with, very helpful. 👏👏👏 The only fly in the ointment was getting the medical form completed, but it’s done now and I’m good to go for another five years.

I’m over two months in for a renewal with Norfolk.

Cert runs out on the 22nd of May and haven’t heard a dickie bird except on the day that I posted in a rather unsecured postbox at HQ, I emailed to ask for proof of receipt and received a reply that all was well!

Well done to Lancs.  

I have in the past rather smugly said on here about my doctor being a shooter with direct family that works at BASC. Found out yesterday that he is retiring and is currently only doing one day a week. So dreading my next renewal as the medical checks are now in force for round here

39 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Just saying I’ve had my renewals through from Lancashire Constabulary, really nice people to deal with, from the office admin., to the young lass who came to do the home visit.

The only difficulty was getting the medical certificate out of my GP. I printed the form out, delivered it by hand and paid the fee. Waited three weeks and then rang to enquire. Not yet done. Excuse they didn’t have the paper copies of my records from my previous GP. I’ve only been registered with this practice for 3 years! Having moved to a new village.
Rang again a week later, same story! I offered to go to my old GP and collect the paper records. No don’t do that!

Rang again a week later, same story, same offer from me, same response from them.

Rang the following week and was advised it was “with the Doctor”.  

Another week passes and I’m told they have emailed it to Lancashire Constabulary.

Quick phone call to Lancashire and they checked and confirmed they had NOT received it, they had had several from the same surgery but not mine!

Another call to my GP., when I asked to call in and collect the hard copy, so that I could send it in with my application forms. A long wait on the phone whilst she checked. Only to be told they had shredded the form!

They sent me a PDF. Phone call to Lancs Constabulary to explain. They immediately said if it has the Doctor’s signature and practice stamp that would be Ok, so I emailed it to them and 15 minutes later had an email to say it had been received.

We are now a month away from my renewal date, so I hand delivered my forms and cheque to the gatehouse at the Lancs headquarters, it’s only 10 minutes from where I live. 

The following day a very polite phone call from Lancashire asking for a new photo. Apparently they can’t use the same one twice. A quick selfie in the hallway and emailed the new mugshot to Lancashire, 10 minutes later an email saying “that’ll do nicely”.

The following day a phone call asking for an appointment for the home visit. Arranged for two days later! 

Young lady arrives bang on time. Sit in the kitchen, goes through the form, checks storage, checks serial numbers etc., Confirms everything is in order and the renewals arrive in the post a week before the old ones expire.

We hear a lot of negative reports about the police handling of these things but it is good to report excellent service from Lancashire Constabulary and great folk to deal with, very helpful. 👏👏👏 The only fly in the ointment was getting the medical form completed, but it’s done now and I’m good to go for another five years.

I had similar problems with my surgery, in Leyland, with the medical forms not being completed. Without giving you a long and frustrating story, I eventually had to change my practice to get the form completed. I have no issues which could give a Doctor concern. Lancs constabulary were good when they got the forms, although wouldn't shift on giving me an extension on the renewal date. I am told by my shooting buddies there are now no surgeries in the area completing forms. Anyone in the area needs to get moving as soon as they get their renewal, possibly a BASC doctor or Medicert etc.

I had to wait 6 weeks for the Dr to fill out my form but sent it 13 April got a txt from Lanc's Police on 19 April letting me know they'd received it and just checked and the cheque has been cashed today so hopefully on the home run now !! Never had an issue dealing with the Lanc's licensing dept. in the last 10 yrs