Section 7's are a pain

So, waiting on my renewal, had one 8 week extension letter had to phone up and ask for another on the day the first one ran out and got sent an 8 week sec7 instead which gives me authority to own and use the guns I already own, but doesn't say owt about buying other guns or selling the ones I have.

And just when a nice little sxs has come up in the "expletive"  town I live in. Talk about The Law of Sod.

1 hour ago, manthing said:

....sec7 instead which gives me authority to own and use the guns I already own, but doesn't say owt about buying other guns or selling the ones I have.

My S7 permit allows me to possess the guns I already own, but not to purchase or acquire any others.

Section 7 permit.jpg

Mine is as above own but not purchase I’m with Staffs as well I got my 2nd ext for 3months and 1week strange only giving you 8 weeks have you got a mate you trust who would/could put it on his licence then transfer too you when sorted if seller won’t hold it

13 hours ago, samboy said:

As i said once before on a similar matter how comes they can find time to issue extensions and section 7s but cant sort the renewals out.

Or am i missing something ?.

They can probably issue 10 extentions in the time it takes to do a home visit, plus they are only putting details onto a template and printing and posting. They aren't checking references,Dr's notes or owt else.

Oversimplified I know but you get the gist. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 18:31, Scully said:

Just explain the situation to the seller, I’d be very surprised if they wouldn’t hold it after a deposit. 

Let's be honest you can't give away a shotgun at the moment.

Our local gunshop won't even take them in for free just to get them off your certificate because he says he has no room and nobody is buying.

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Our local gunshop won't even take them in for free just to get them off your certificate because he says he has no room and nobody is buying.

And is it any wonder when our shooting organisations are doing their collective best to get it all shut down, led so ably by BASC!

11 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Odd really, as when I was in Greenfields in Salisbury on Thursday, there were several gaps on the shelves whereas they're usually full to the brim. A customer came in and asked to buy a cheap sxs, and the lady had to say they had no second hand sxs, only brand new starting from around £700. That was a bit of a shocker! I was also looking for guns around 4-7k, looking around second hand DT10 or 11, or maybe a guerini invictus, but nothing second hand and only new. 

Send some guns south please. 

My renewal went in at the beginning of March for an end of May renewal. 
Just received my first 8 week extension which is a pain in the bottom as unable to put in for any variations, esp as there are two firearms on sale here that I wish to purchase. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 16:38, matone said:

What date have they put on your new Certificate out of interest?

From the expiry of the old one.

10 hours ago, Marka11 said:

Had my phone interview Fri really sound guy all boxes ticked so my new licenses should be with me soon glad you got sorted mate

Glad your sorted.

13 hours ago, Marka11 said:

Finally my new certs came thru today yeh only annoying thing is backdated to end of my last certs back in January but I have them now 

Not unexpected, a TIGHTCHOKE points out, but where is the logic behind it?

A newcomer to shooting gets a certificate for five years from the date on which the FEO has completed all necessary checks.   Why shouldn’t the same apply in the case of a renewal, provided the forms were submitted in good time?

Have any of the shooting organisations ever campaigned for the back-dating policy to be changed?