Side by side hammer gun

K.K.B

Evening all,

Does anyone own or have used a Huglu Hammer gun? 3" Chamber, steel shot proof, chrome lined, nice wood, multi choke. They Also they seem really well made compared with the usual Turkish guns. I'm just wondering if the internals are as soft as butter? 

I'm trying to find a reason not to buy one 😂

Cheers

20 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Reviewed in Shooting U.K. site. Guess only time will tell on quality of the lock work.

I'm always abit dubious about those reviews as Id imagine the writers are paid by the suppliers to give a positive review.

On 03/05/2022 at 15:59, K.K.B said:

I'm always abit dubious about those reviews as Id imagine the writers are paid by the suppliers to give a positive review.

Have you ever read a bad review ? No names but I was sent a gun by an importer  directly from a " reviewer " that had been out on test , decent write up but cutting critic that " the stock may have been a little better finished "  . Wow . No mention that the second barrel would not fire .

I was asked by a magazine ,to do some reviews  but I said I'd tell the truth no matter how many double page ads the importer took out .They declined my terms . .

10 hours ago, Gunman said:

Have you ever read a bad review ? No names but I was sent a gun by an importer  directly from a " reviewer " that had been out on test , decent write up but cutting critic that " the stock may have been a little better finished "  . Wow . No mention that the second barrel would not fire .

I was asked by a magazine ,to do some reviews  but I said I'd tell the truth no matter how many double page ads the importer took out .They declined my terms . .

Wow, if you have 2 barrels it's kind of important that you can fire cartridges through both! I do wonder how much these reviewers are paid to basically lie about the guns they are handed. Well the US market seem to like these Huglu's branded by CZ so I guess it's worth a shot.

On 05/05/2022 at 19:16, K.K.B said:

Wow, if you have 2 barrels it's kind of important that you can fire cartridges through both! I do wonder how much these reviewers are paid to basically lie about the guns they are handed. Well the US market seem to like these Huglu's branded by CZ so I guess it's worth a shot.

You have to ask how many guns sent for review never get get a write up .Sources tell me there have been quite a few .

I had the hammer side by side with 30inch barrels for 3years  it shot really well and had no problems with it.I sold it last year to a family member and purchased a 28inch  huglu ejector instead.It handles like an over and under also shoots really well 🙂.

Edited by Green hornet

On 07/05/2022 at 09:57, Green hornet said:

I had the hammer side by side with 30inch barrels for 3years  it shot really well and had no problems with it.I sold it last year to a family member and purchased a 28inch  huglu ejector instead.It handles like an over and under also shoots really well 🙂.

That's reassuring, I've had a go with mine and I am very happy with the way it handles. Quite alot of gun for the money