Passport advice please.

harrycatcat1

4 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I posted my old passport last Wednesday evening "signed for" so suppose they might get it next week 

They will text you as soon as it’s logged onto the system.

What I don’t understand, is how the media etc are portraying and stating from supposedly ‘reliable sources’. That there are warehouses full of unopened ‘to be signed for’ passport applications!!!

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

They will text you as soon as it’s logged onto the system.

What I don’t understand, is how the media etc are portraying and stating from supposedly ‘reliable sources’. That there are warehouses full of unopened ‘to be signed for’ passport applications!!!

Yes that was my worry if no one signs for it and it gets chucked on a pile. I heard that too.

Woke up to a text from HM Passport Office.

Passport is out for delivery- that’s 13 days start to finish ( we did send the old Passport on the same day as the application, plus the person who verified his identity completed that the same day) 

I’m  rather chuffed at that. 

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Passport is out for delivery- that’s 13 days start to finish ( we did send the old Passport on the same day as the application, plus the person who verified his identity completed that the same day) 

Very good 👍 

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

You just spurred me on to check to see if my passport has been delivered and I got this, I posted it last Wednesday evening 😩

Screenshot_20220509-114720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Brill 

58 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I've just had the email saying it's being printed 👍

my lads passport delivered and it’s nice black uk passport ! Email with TNT tracking number was received and it turned up today.

All sorted looks like yours will be too.

atb Agriv8

21 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Brill 

my lads passport delivered and it’s nice black uk passport ! Email with TNT tracking number was received and it turned up today.

All sorted looks like yours will be too.

atb Agriv8

Just had an email to say it's been printed and being passed to the courier 👍

Perhaps it is online that is the saving grace.

I know doing one of my lads provisional application last year - I tried to shortcut it (as I had been able to do it previously for myself on renewing) - I renewed his passport to a full adult - which took about a week or so - really good - so his photo was updated - I then thought he would be able to use that photo for his driving license by "tagging" onto his passport (this is the bit I had done for license or passport) but the online would not work and had to do it by paper etc - took 4 months