Any reloading supplies left

The problems are worse now but there seems to have been one form of shortage after another for the last decade or more. I tend to stock up when I can, knowing it could be months before I can get a component. 

I gather the problems are down to US government stocking up, US citizens stockpiling and stuff made in the EU going to the US due to there huge demand. Not sure when things will improve, not before next year seems to be the general answer.

There seemed to be plenty of Hornady V-Max 55gr about last week. 

The first shop today had only 2 packs of 50gr but not Sierra or hornady but had vit 140 . No cci primers either . 

The second shop has done Sierra 55gr but not bt ( flat bottom) so I’m going to try them out and hope the recipe I have might be close . They had no vit 140 or large primers in cci . 

11 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Have you tried spud reloading ?

Yeah and they have none . 👍

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its a serious problem, often the subject of discussion in our club house. Theories why its so bad differ but a lot of people are looking towards the Phoenix and the hope that some of the dealers there will have stock.

I’ve been waiting over a year now . It’s nuts 

1 hour ago, Windswept said:

The problems are worse now but there seems to have been one form of shortage after another for the last decade or more. I tend to stock up when I can, knowing it could be months before I can get a component. 

I gather the problems are down to US government stocking up, US citizens stockpiling and stuff made in the EU going to the US due to there huge demand. Not sure when things will improve, not before next year seems to be the general answer.

There seemed to be plenty of Hornady V-Max 55gr about last week. 

They said it’s because of the increase in firearms holders in the USA 

11 hours ago, snow white said:

I have some 55 grain v-max if you want a couple of boxes mate

Thank you . Replied 👍

11 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Have you tried spud reloading ?

The problem with these web sites is the inability to be open and honest to their customers, not only this one, but loads show "IN STOCK" take your money and keep you waiting for months. and then when you chase them up they tell you they are waiting for stock to come in. 

TT pop round when you need anything 👍

I wanted some Hornady SST 150 gr 308 but could only get 165 and so bought them but am now slightly regretting it as I’ve now got to work a load for a round I didn’t actually want!

sidenote but TT and Dougy, I had a mate check my .308 with a bore scope today and suffice to say the inside looks very similar to the cross section of an Aero after rusty gun time a few years ago, still shoots okay though

10 hours ago, Dougy said:

The problem with these web sites is the inability to be open and honest to their customers, not only this one, but loads show "IN STOCK" take your money and keep you waiting for months. and then when you chase them up they tell you they are waiting for stock to come in. 

Have you had a problem with the site alluded to? I've not ordered from them but like many others they c!early show what's in stock and even the number of boxes they have. Never had a problem with similar shops as long as I order what's showing as in stock.

9 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I wanted some Hornady SST 150 gr 308 but could only get 165 and so bought them but am now slightly regretting it as I’ve now got to work a load for a round I didn’t actually want!

sidenote but TT and Dougy, I had a mate check my .308 with a bore scope today and suffice to say the inside looks very similar to the cross section of an Aero after rusty gun time a few years ago, still shoots okay though

All that orange 🙈😂. 5 years ago ? 

11 hours ago, Dougy said:

Thank you as always 👍😎

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

👍

Yes agreed I’ve had similar problems myself, I don’t order on the websites anymore I always phone to make sure they have the items in stock

The writing has been on the wall for the last 2 years folks - presidential election in the USA = huge surge in demand for everything shooting related; apparently 5 million NEW gun owners in USA in 2019 - if each one just wanted 100 rounds thats 5 billion more rounds required than a year before; Covid = factories closed down for period of time and when reopened not fully staffed so production levels down; ammunition companies in same boat and demanding more bullets from Sierra, Berger, etc so the bullet companies cannot keep up with demand and therefore have to reduce supply for home loaders; US companies realise what is happening and look to Europe so they start importing PPU, Viht etc so in turn less available for UK market, which lets face it is tiny compared to US market. I am a servant for an RFD and have been supplying my shooting club members for 2 years and advising them to stock up - buying 200 of your favourite bullets is not stocking up! Have not had any supply issues with Viht powder so far.