DORMEO Mattresses

TIGHTCHOKE

I keep seeing advertisements for Dormeo and other brilliant new mattresses.      Some now with 18 year guarantees.

They are all on offer at half price!

Have they ever been sold at full price?

Or is it like the old Allied Carpets scam, sold full price for 10 minutes in one of our stores last month.

Oh and why do they offer a free pillow with double and larger mattresses? Surely a pair of pillows would make more sense.

Yes, it is raining and I am waiting to go out shooting!

Similar to “Plumbs” made to measure easy chair / settee loose covers. All bumf that comes through our door states genuine half price offer. But never have I seen any full price quoted. Of course price depends on chosen fabric and furniture size but no example price etc etc is ever quoted.

prefer a mattress made with springs and coverings........turn every 6 mths......they are not cheap and tend to be heavy

whats the old saying....spend money on 2 things

1. good shoes
  2. good mattress

cause if you aint standing up in one you are laying down on the other

A good night's sleep is worth a fortune but the mattress options are eye watering and expensive is not always best, the one we have now was expensive and yet not a patch on the previous one and I can't remember the make/model of the old one so perhaps this thread may pull up some PW recommendations with a bit of luck. . . . you have already pulled up a coupe to avoid which is progress 

One of my neighbours had a Dormeo mattress and used to sit on the corner of it to get dressed which

made it go out of shape. When she complained about it they said its your fault they are not meant to

be sat on like that. I bought a £60 foam memory mattress from Dunelm 5 yrs ago and it's still ok.

43 minutes ago, samboy said:

One of my neighbours had a Dormeo mattress and used to sit on the corner of it to get dressed which

made it go out of shape. When she complained about it they said its your fault they are not meant to

be sat on like that. I bought a £60 foam memory mattress from Dunelm 5 yrs ago and it's still ok.

I've paid more for dog beds that that. . . . . think you better take and show my Mrs how to shop properly

We bought a Sealy mattress on line that was supposed to be soft to firm , where the soft bit is we have yet to find it , I needed a firm mattress for my worn out back but after a few months it was like lying on a block of concrete so we bought a mattress topper to go on top , it was better but still not great , we might now need a topper to go on top of the old topper that is defeating the object on the original mattress , with my wife being fairly short she will soon need a pair of steps just to get into bed :lol:

10 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Thanks for that

Interesting that their sales pitch is

"Our HYPNOS bed, exclusively for Premier Inn"

Which they will sell to you, so not truly exclusive then, but happily not offered at half price all the time either.

16 hours ago, samboy said:

My Mrs repaired a sofa for and old couple,  that was bent out of shape when it was about a month old . The old couple had payed a pretty hefty price for it , and when they finally got someone from the shop to come a look at it , the guy from the shop said that it was because the old lady was sitting on it all wrong 😄.