Browning 525 Sporter

Gerry78

On 07/05/2022 at 13:50, Gerry78 said:

After years of shooting a s/s and semi autos finally bought a new Browning 525 sporter 30inch Just wanted o ask forum anyone have any reviews on them will be used for clays right through to a mucky duck 🦆 hide 

I have two B525s. Great guns as you would expect from Browning/ Miroku. I have a grade 1 and a grade 5 both field guns, but as I mentioned in another thread I will hopefully be changing the grade 1 to the laminate sporter. Used at Clay's pheasants and duck. If you see an ou in my videos,  it's a 525. 

I have the 525 sporter 1, 4 years old. 

Lovely gun, mine is a bit stiff but that's easily fixed. It's a forgiving gun, rib is a touch elevated and has brought me easy fun! It's only a grade 1 wood but it's cheap and cheerful, a really great first gun. 

Not much to say but a solid shotgun that has a good balance point and overall weight, really nice.

Cheers lads the wood on mine for a grade one is not too bad To be honest I’m fed up using the semi auto on clays and ducks and it’s spitting all the cartridges over the place The B525 feels well built I’m looking forward To using it on a side note can you buy extended chokes for it 👍

On 11/05/2022 at 11:21, Big Al said:

Some 525s are invector choked. My grade 5 has investors and the grade one has invector plus.  Just make sure what yours is before you buy extended chokes.

Yes big Al it came with 4or5 internal chokes il ask the gun dealer 👍👍

I have had my 525 sporter for 4 years now . Overall I’m very happy with it . Mine shoots high for me and prefers Hull pro fibre so worth pattern plating it if you get a chance. 

It’s been reliable , it’s about the right weight for clays and game and in the post 2015 model that I have there is very little recoil.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after buying the new 525 sporter finally got out to the clay range gun fitted me perfectly But after shooting approx bout 25 cartridges the top barrel would not fire after I took the second shot at the clay bird on the DTL Range This happened about 3/4 different times during the day So when I got home I looked on the internet I was thinking maybe because it was brand new but reports on line fellow shooters are advising that you have to release the trigger fully which I may not have been doing all the time I know the trigger is iertia operation But did anyone else have this problem with there 525s Was using 28g 7 1/2 lynevale cartridges 

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Well after buying the new 525 sporter finally got out to the clay range gun fitted me perfectly But after shooting approx bout 25 cartridges the top barrel would not fire after I took the second shot at the clay bird on the DTL Range This happened about 3/4 different times during the day So when I got home I looked on the internet I was thinking maybe because it was brand new but reports on line fellow shooters are advising that you have to release the trigger fully which I may not have been doing all the time I know the trigger is iertia operation But did anyone else have this problem with there 525s Was using 28g 7 1/2 lynevale cartridges 

Adjustable trigger length possibly alter it a touch 

15 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Adjustable trigger length possibly alter it a touch 

Thanks O F I just done what I never do and read the instructions in the new Manuel 😃It clearly states that if you realise the trigger to quickly it won’t set the other barrel I also brought the trigger forward as it now feels better on the trigger pulls with snap caps Thanks mate 👍

10 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Thanks O F I just done what I never do and read the instructions in the new Manuel 😃It clearly states that if you realise the trigger to quickly it won’t set the other barrel I also brought the trigger forward as it now feels better on the trigger pulls with snap caps Thanks mate 👍

👍😊