Labour scandal (😅😅😅)

Mice!

9 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

if he broke rules or laws etc then he has to be held accountable.

Agreed.  But a 'fixed penalty fine' isn't a resignation issue (in my view) any more than a parking ticket would be - and that applies to both Boris and Starmer.  Pay the fines and get on with your jobs, and (if we are very lucky) learn the lesson.

However Starmer has (foolishly) made a big issue that it SHOULD be a resignation issue for Boris ......... and that (said in the house) puts him in a difficult position should he get a fine.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Agreed.  But a 'fixed penalty fine' isn't a resignation issue (in my view) any more than a parking ticket would be - and that applies to both Boris and Starmer.  Pay the fines and get on with your jobs, and (if we are very lucky) learn the lesson.

However Starmer has (foolishly) made a big issue that it SHOULD be a resignation issue for Boris ......... and that (said in the house) puts him in a difficult position should he get a fine.

I'm not asking for anyone's head. Leader of the opposition made a big statement and a massive mountain out of it knowing local elections were about to happen, clever tactics. Now may back fire. You could argue that anything that happened in no 10 was work with cake.. I know my brother in law had to work in office all through lockdown with others, did he break law by having a coffee at 11am when maybe another co worker had one?? You could say that is what both parties have done, worked together from day 1 and had a drink or some food at some point together. So in effect bubbled as they like to call it

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

I'm not asking for anyone's head. Leader of the opposition made a big statement and a massive mountain out of it knowing local elections were about to happen, clever tactics. Now may back fire. You could argue that anything that happened in no 10 was work with cake.. I know my brother in law had to work in office all through lockdown with others, did he break law by having a coffee at 11am when maybe another co worker had one?? You could say that is what both parties have done, worked together from day 1 and had a drink or some food at some point together. So in effect bubbled as they like to call it

Again, agreed.

Exactly - lefty political shenanigans is all it it is in my mind, and yes I'm a centre righty.

I'm thinking Cressida **** had some politics in mind as I think it was one of the things she held on for, and I'm thinking Keir's local police chief has already given the nod. That's my own thinking why Starmer is being so sanctimonious about his/their potential resignations. 

It'll probably never been known for sure and will most likely be plausibly denied of course.

Edited by Dave-G

You have got to realise that if Starmer goes Angela Rayner as Deputy Leader will take over? She, as a previous supporter of Corbyn, will restore the party Whip to him.

The dream team. A single mum off a Council Estate without an O level to her name in charge of the Labour Party and Corbyn and Abbott causing all sorts of trouble.

Game, set and match to Boris

And Starmer walks away, probably glad to be out of it all, because he knows he is on a hiding to nothing with the misfits he has under him and this is an honourable way out. 

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

You have got to realise that if Starmer goes Angela Rayner as Deputy Leader will take over? She, as a previous supporter of Corbyn, will restore the party Whip to him.

The dream team. A single mum off a Council Estate without an O level to her name in charge of the Labour Party and Corbyn and Abbott causing all sorts of trouble.

And Starmer walks away, probably glad to be out of it all, because he knows he is on a hiding to nothing with the misfits he has under him and this is an honourable way out. 

it has been reported that rayner has agreed to go if starmer goes.....so she must be pretty sure of herself........

wouldnt want to be the cheif super' of that area.......it will mean they will actually have to follow the law...in determining the future of the labour party......

You have got to realise that if Starmer goes Angela Rayner as Deputy Leader will take over

Are you sure that happens in the Labour party?  She would certainly probably take over in the interim, but I suspect there would have to be a leadership election as soon as reasonably possible.

They have quite 'unusual' ways of choosing the leader - which by and large takes it out of the hands of the Parliamentary party and gives the main say to the membership and the Trade Unions.

Never mind Abbott and Costello as we're talking politics here where, to misquote Marx, honourable and politicians is a contradiction in terms. The more you have, the more you want and the harder you'll fight to keep it. Starmer wants the top job and the last thing he wants is a way out.

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

are we going down the route of if its Tories it's bad if it's labour it's okay??

No we are not i voted Torie at the time  Corbyn was in charge of Labor and Keir Starmer didn't make the rules then lied to the country 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Are you sure that happens in the Labour party?  She would certainly probably take over in the interim, but I suspect there would have to be a leadership election as soon as reasonably possible.

They have quite 'unusual' ways of choosing the leader - which by and large takes it out of the hands of the Parliamentary party and gives the main say to the membership and the Trade Unions.

That process takes a long time and in the past has thrown up some bizarre choices, the wrong Miliband, Jeremy Corbyn for two.

But realistically, who are the choices? I can't think of anyone in the Parliamentary Labour Party that inspires confidence in their ability?

Starmer was 'least bad' rather than best for the job

Edited by Vince Green

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

That process takes a long time and in the past has thrown up some bizarre choices, the wrong Miliband, Jeremy Corbyn for two.

But realistically, who are the choices? I can't think of anyone in the Parliamentary Labour Party that inspires confidence in their ability?

Starmer was 'least bad' rather than best for the job

I can't disagree with any of that

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Starmer wants the top job and the last thing he wants is a way out.

I'm not so sure, he must have realised by now that he is flogging a dead horse. He certainly hasn't appeared very enthusiastic for a long time.

resigning on a point of principle gives him a neat way out with his reputation intact. A bit of an opportunity you might think?

58 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I'm not so sure, he must have realised by now that he is flogging a dead horse. He certainly hasn't appeared very enthusiastic for a long time.

resigning on a point of principle gives him a neat way out with his reputation intact. A bit of an opportunity you might think?

Agreed. No point in waiting for the fuzz to decide, as, " rather than risk harming the Party's reputation I have decided to resign both as the Party Leader and also as a MP with immediate effect" should earn him smarty points. He's then free to pursue a highly paid position in the legal sector from whence he came. One direction will fill his pockets and the other his ambition. We'll soon see which of the two he really wants.

Edited by wymberley

39 minutes ago, wymberley said:

One direction will fill his pockets and the other his ambition. We'll soon see which of the two he really wants.

Money or integrity,  not choices MPs like choosing between.  😅😅

Still my thoughts, but will the police have the stones to say he broke the rules, we wait and see.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Money or integrity,  not choices MPs like choosing between.  😅😅

Still my thoughts, but will the police have the stones to say he broke the rules, we wait and see.

this is going to be an interesting one...:lol:....squeaky bum time

On 08/05/2022 at 19:13, clangerman said:

only tories would think making fuss over a beer and sarnie would distract people from the fact they were destroyed in local elections hilarious! 

Any port in a storm?  They hope that bull dung baffles brains?

• 2 weeks later...

What was it another 125 fines have been issued but the police wont name them , i find that shocking the poor queen sitting by herself burying her husband and these clowns where partying and if its your MP your not going to find out , There as bad as each other 

6 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

if its your MP your not going to find out

I think you would find it was not MPs at all - but Downing Street 'staff' - basically the aides and civil servants (being press officers, advisors, secretaries, researchers, administrators etc.) who support the functioning of Downing Street and the Cabinet Office (attached directly to Nos 10 and 11) as the centre of Gov't.  The overall Cabinet Office has about 8000 employees, but it is thought about 400 are actually work based in the "No 10 and attached buildings group".   No 10 alone has about 100 rooms.