Fly fishing stuff

Chewuup

Hi everyone

Going fly fishing for the first time an wanted to know where to get some cheap stuff from 

I seen Lidl had a set for £30 but I don't know when it's coming back in , not going til September but would like to get it now , so I have it 

If anyone know a site that sells a kits for around that money can you send a link or if anyone has some old kits for sale please DM me 

Need rod , reel , and fly's 

Thank you all 

Ps I'm in Coventry but don't mind traveling

buy cheap stuff...it will work..........then fish stew ponds..catch fish....then if you get the bug...go to a decent fishing shop and get some decent gear and you will see the difference..........

starting out fly fishing is like starting out shooting.....you wont know what is good until you have experienced the poor...then you will learn what you need/want

a cheap weight forward line will set you back maybe £15 quid...........but a decent one will cost £50 plus and you will see the difference...providing you match it to the rod...

then there are rods ..tip action.....tip and middle ....all thro action.......what suits you and the line

start off cheap and learn what you need :good:

1 minute ago, Chewuup said:

It's a pond in Cornwall , I have try and get you the name if that helps 

Might help as I can look it up and see what’s on the website. Being honest there are standard flies that catch on most waters anyway! PM your address for future reference.

Hello, if you take to fly fishing there are some good places around your area , a 9 ft Rod , 6/7 line and reel, landing net and bag , just trying to remember the fishery I went to , 🤔

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if you take to fly fishing there are some good places around your area , a 9 ft Rod , 6/7 line and reel, landing net and bag , just trying to remember the fishery I went to , 🤔

Packington and Draycote , don't forget there's some nice rivers in Cornwall , Capt C aka Paul is the man to ask as living in the county, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

31 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Packington and Draycote , don't forget there's some nice rivers in Cornwall , Capt C aka Paul is the man to ask as living in the county, 

Going on holiday in Cornwall my mate said he is doing fly flying and wanted me to go with him , that's why I was looking at cheap stuff just to have a go wouldn't want to break his stuff , like I said Lidl had stuff for sale but missed it , so thought I would ask on here which has been great so far 

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Might help as I can look it up and see what’s on the website. Being honest there are standard flies that catch on most waters anyway! PM your address for future reference.

Innis fisheries in st austel 

Thank you 😌

Unless you have someone who knows about fly fishing tackle, I would suggest you look at complete outfits. There are several on the market, but Snowbee do some good stuff. Buying a complete rod, reel, line outfit, it should all match, which saves you buying items separately that do not necessarily suit each other.

53 minutes ago, Westley said:

Unless you have someone who knows about fly fishing tackle, I would suggest you look at complete outfits. There are several on the market, but Snowbee do some good stuff. Buying a complete rod, reel, line outfit, it should all match, which saves you buying items separately that do not necessarily suit each other.

Mate I'm going with JR Hartley

35 minutes ago, 3xspringer said:

Does your friend not have a rod ect for you to borrow just buy him a beers for the lone!

Yes but his stuff is from his dad ( passed away ) so if I broke it , I'll just wait for Lidl to get some back in before September , £30 don't matter if I break it 

3 hours ago, Chewuup said:

Yes but his stuff is from his dad ( passed away ) so if I broke it , I'll just wait for Lidl to get some back in before September , £30 don't matter if I break it 

Lidl rods were June last year, have they been out already?

On 08/05/2022 at 15:21, Chewuup said:

Innis fisheries in st austel 

Thank you 😌

I've just had look , if you haven't fly fished before I suggest you take plenty of flies , the back cast could be a bit tricky ,

all the best and Tight Lines .

On 10/05/2022 at 09:46, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have a look at these, Shakspear Sigma Fly Combro kits , 9 ft WF 6 line , about £65 off eBay, 

On 08/05/2022 at 11:01, Chewuup said:

Hi everyone

Going fly fishing for the first time an wanted to know where to get some cheap stuff from 

I seen Lidl had a set for £30 but I don't know when it's coming back in , not going til September but would like to get it now , so I have it 

If anyone know a site that sells a kits for around that money can you send a link or if anyone has some old kits for sale please DM me 

Need rod , reel , and fly's 

Thank you all 

Ps I'm in Coventry but don't mind traveling

I have so much fly fishing tackle it’s a bit embarrassing …if you still need some D M me and we can talk ….👍