pard 007s

davewh100

Yes absolutely a great bit of kit, best value NV out there and if you shoot at sensible ranges all you need.  I have the NV store front add on and have had a Drone but for 95% of my shooting a Pard 007 would do it no problem.  I use mine on a 17 Hornet and it works an absolute treat.

Edited by Weihrauch17

I thought I wanted a 007V in 12mm to swap between .22 AA s410 and Reximex Bullpup .177

went to the show yesterday....none

i'm in a quandary 

now I'm wondering if a 007S would be better, I know it's dearer BUT its waterproof to IP67 and the 007V isn't. Also slightly shorter, side focus, onboard charging BUT minimum zoom is X4 and my Hawke scope is 3-12-50. I'm mostly only going to be shooting 20/30m nighttime. Will the 007S do the job or is it over the top??

Edited by Diver One

9 hours ago, Diver One said:

I thought I wanted a 007V in 12mm to swap between .22 AA s410 and Reximex Bullpup .177

went to the show yesterday....none

i'm in a quandary 

now I'm wondering if a 007S would be better, I know it's dearer BUT its waterproof to IP67 and the 007V isn't. Also slightly shorter, side focus, onboard charging BUT minimum zoom is X4 and my Hawke scope is 3-12-50. I'm mostly only going to be shooting 20/30m nighttime. Will the 007S do the job or is it over the top??

It is not x4 minimum zoom.

Ignore the blurb, a 16mm S is the same, if not slightly less mag than the original 007 A or V, at about 1.5x.

Get one, they are excellent. 

I too am a bit confused on the Pard & combined with night time being more difficult to judge distance/magnification is the 16mm @ x4 mag x4 on top of the x3 or 4 base mag of the scope its is attached too or is it x1 with the inbuit digital zoom to x4 (3.5 on screen display)? 

12 minutes ago, RyanMc said:

I too am a bit confused on the Pard & combined with night time being more difficult to judge distance/magnification is the 16mm @ x4 mag x4 on top of the x3 or 4 base mag of the scope its is attached too or is it x1 with the inbuit digital zoom to x4 (3.5 on screen display)? 

Its native magnification is around 1.5x , you could if you choose digitally mag up to x4, although this is pretty pointless, if you need a closer look , use the scopes zoom.

Its always the best image on the lowest magnification, so a 4 x scope will give 6 x in effect with the 16mm Pards.
I use a base mage 5 x scope , and I very rarely mag up, sometimes when Im trying to ID something at 4-500 yards away Ill go up to 10 x.

So to clarify , the only way the Pard 007 is 4x native mag , is if you make it so.
The original missprint has caused so much confusion !

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its native magnification is around 1.5x , you could if you choose digitally mag up to x4, although this is pretty pointless, if you need a closer look , use the scopes zoom.

Its always the best image on the lowest magnification, so a 4 x scope will give 6 x in effect with the 16mm Pards.
I use a base mage 5 x scope , and I very rarely mag up, sometimes when Im trying to ID something at 4-500 yards away Ill go up to 10 x.

So to clarify , the only way the Pard 007 is 4x native mag , is if you make it so.
The original missprint has caused so much confusion !

Cheers. More a mental thing when out at night foxing as to range and what magnification I was really at, base mag of x4 on the scope up to 12. Really only use it for scoping out once I think I have spotting something on the lamp. Good to know.

20 minutes ago, RyanMc said:

Cheers. More a mental thing when out at night foxing as to range and what magnification I was really at, base mag of x4 on the scope up to 12. Really only use it for scoping out once I think I have spotting something on the lamp. Good to know.

Range finding at night is never easy, its OK if you know the area well, but even then....

Some use the LE032 type , weapon mounted rangefinders, you can usually see the splash  through the Pard.
Ive even known some use the old fashioned yardstick method, it really depends on what calibre youre using too , my .223 zeroed at 75 yards , stays in fox kill zone from 50 -220 yards.

36 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Range finding at night is never easy, its OK if you know the area well, but even then....

Some use the LE032 type , weapon mounted rangefinders, you can usually see the splash  through the Pard.
Ive even known some use the old fashioned yardstick method, it really depends on what calibre youre using too , my .223 zeroed at 75 yards , stays in fox kill zone from 50 -220 yards.

I've used, and use the LE032 NV range finder. I've tried it with a Pulsar NV PARD 007 and a Vulpine Mk3 and the 'splash' can clearly be seen.

58 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've tried it with a Pulsar NV PARD 007 and a Vulpine Mk3 and the 'splash' can clearly be seen.

Ive often considered the Vulpine, but the price has always put me off, in your opinion Steve, how much better is it than the older 007s, bearing in mind the 007S has a better image than the older ones ?

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ive often considered the Vulpine, but the price has always put me off, in your opinion Steve, how much better is it than the older 007s, bearing in mind the 007S has a better image than the older ones ?

It is more expensive, yes, but it's a very straight forward MV add on. Just attach to scope, switch on and that's it. No bells or whistles etc. I have attached an Angel Eye DVR to record footage if needed. I like the Vulpine very much to be honest.

8 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

It is more expensive, yes, but it's a very straight forward MV add on. Just attach to scope, switch on and that's it. No bells or whistles etc. I have attached an Angel Eye DVR to record footage if needed. I like the Vulpine very much to be honest.

Thank you , but bearing in mind it costs twice as much as a 007V , is it much better mage wise ?

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thank you , but bearing in mind it costs twice as much as a 007V , is it much better mage wise ?

The PARD was good, but to be honest, my opinion is that the Vulpine Mk3 is better, but not a great deal. It also depends on what scope you are using and also what IR. I use a Solaris SRX.