Maserati Levante

eddoakley

14 hours ago, sam triple said:

Out of my price range , bloke a few doors down got one though , sounds nice 

out of my dream range..:lol:

my brain allows me to go as far as living the dream in a orange morris marina......(smelling vagely of sick)

Edited by ditchman

Mate has a Masserati of some sort. It does not like to run hot, or cold. Is forever in the garage. Stays on trickle charge as battery leaks.

Its not that old sounds stunning, in fact it can wake the village if he opens the baffles.

Biggest pile of doo doo if you ask me. He says next he will get something boring like a panamera as at least he can drive it when he wants. 

• 5 weeks later...

EddOakley, My wife and I looked at a used one a few years ago when we changed her car as she liked the Porsche Macan and this is similar. 
only looked due to a fella my dad done business with for years having had two one after the other and saying it’s the best 4x4 car he’s had. He had fully specked up range rovers among other leading luxury brands. 
Have to say it didn’t look much up close and not as premium as I’d have thought. 
don’t think reliability is as bad as years ago with Maserati. 

Figgy

53 minutes ago, figgy said:

EddOakley, My wife and I looked at a used one a few years ago when we changed her car as she liked the Porsche Macan and this is similar. 
only looked due to a fella my dad done business with for years having had two one after the other and saying it’s the best 4x4 car he’s had. He had fully specked up range rovers among other leading luxury brands. 
Have to say it didn’t look much up close and not as premium as I’d have thought. 
don’t think reliability is as bad as years ago with Maserati. 

Figgy

Thanks for the reply.

I've had cayennes for years but needed a change and can't find anything else that catches my eye. Done the RR and discovery route but not into that any more. Just really like the look of the maserati and the spec is good. 

Reviews of poor reliability seem to relate to older models. Cost of running and  maintenance does not make pleasant reading but in reality it'll hardly be used and shouldn't be too much worse than the Porsches.

Jury is still out (lots of other things taking priority over a car) but I think when j get a chance I will get kne, barring any horror stories beforehand.

Edd

5 hours ago, mossy835 said:

why would you want one.

Same reasons for wanting anything:

It suits my needs in terms of space, the quality, the styling, the type of ride and handling that I want/like/need, the spec.... but as much as anything I just like it.

Why not?

Edd

It is not really a posing car,  I would imagine that most women would not look twice at it as the SUV shape fills the roads and the badge isn’t one that they will know as being “impressive”. 

Each to their own in car choice, I drive my wife’s old car due to having to sell the Range Rover when my third son was born and money being tight and her needing a fugly people carrier. If I had the cash I would get another in an instant, three years later and it isn’t looking any sooner. 

Whatever car you choose, enjoy it 👍

8 hours ago, London Best said:

Posing?

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

It is not really a posing car,  I would imagine that most women would not look twice at it as the SUV shape fills the roads and the badge isn’t one that they will know as being “impressive”. 

Each to their own in car choice, I drive my wife’s old car due to having to sell the Range Rover when my third son was born and money being tight and her needing a fugly people carrier. If I had the cash I would get another in an instant, three years later and it isn’t looking any sooner. 

Whatever car you choose, enjoy it 👍

As WalkedUp says if I wanted to "pose" I could buy something flash (Lamborghini urus) but the levante isn't flash. Someone above called it "understated elegance" and I agree.

I'm sure there are people who would be jealous of your car and say you are posing and you'd disagree.

Edd

My dream car as a child in the 1970’s was the Masseratti Bora that I had a large matchbox toy of. 
Not a great car in todays world but I liked it. 
Got to buy what you want and just enjoy it. You’re paying for it and to hell with what others think. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

My dream car as a child in the 1970’s was the Masseratti Bora that I had a large matchbox toy of. 
Not a great car in todays world but I liked it. 
Got to buy what you want and just enjoy it. You’re paying for it and to hell with what others think. 

Unless of course you buy a Panamera. 🤢🤮

They are expensive, comparatively slow and unreliable - and there is not car index / review site that doesn’t disagree.

Whilst it all depends on what you want out of your SUV (assuming you don’t want thundering depreciation and unreliability) I’d have a look at BMW X3M, Macan, SQ5.

And no I wouldn’t look at the Alfa Romeo - all the groovy motoring journos rave about them just because of the historic love of the Alpha and Lancia brands, but parts, repairs, servicing, dealer network and reliability take it off any list. 

3 minutes ago, button said:

Panamera are……beautiful 

Just as I’ve never seen an Audi R8 being driven by anyone who isn’t under the age of 40 and of Pakistani origins, I’ve never seen a Panemera being driven by anyone who isn’t an indian doctor 😆 

3 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Just as I’ve never seen an Audi R8 being driven by anyone who isn’t under the age of 40 and of Pakistani origins, I’ve never seen a Panemera being driven by anyone who isn’t an indian doctor 😆 

You would want me to administer a plaster!

Edited by button

On 18/06/2022 at 07:32, Mungler said:

Was desperate for an r8 for ages. As a "kid" my first "luxury" motor was a tt and when I saw the r8 I had to have one. Awesome looking and supercar spec.  But then I saw how small it was in real life and just couldn't. 

Have stuck with 4x4 or SUV since.

Actually considered the panamera and cayman as toys but not my style (had a lotus elise and a vx220 but they really dont fit me!)

Just checking out the Levantè again (whilst drunk in dublin) and its pretty much settled that I'll get one. Nothing else ticks the boxes and piques my interest in terms of styling.

Edd

I think with cars, you either get it or you don't. I know nothing about 4WDs, but I expect there are others out there that are more practical and better value, but it's a Maserati...

I'm on my third Alfa Romeo and while I'm sure there's many Euroboxes better on paper, there's nothing that beats the feeling of walking up to it, admiring the gorgeous Italian design, sliding onto that leather seat and pressing the start button.

1 hour ago, Townie said:

....... I'm on my third Alfa Romeo and while I'm sure there's many Euroboxes better on paper, there's nothing that beats the feeling of walking up to it, admiring the gorgeous Italian design, sliding onto that leather seat and pressing the start button.

I agree. I had a couple of Alfas. Both contract hire company cars, so when they went wrong (and they did) it was somebody else's problem.

The sound of the Alfa V6!