12g over under

Practical shooter

Hello,

I am looking for a decent first over under 12g for me and my son.

Must have single trigger and ejectors.

Ideally have a bag included and no more than £500. Depending where you are I could collect, im Glasgow area but can rfd for the right shotty and must be able to cycle 21gram cartridges.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Scully said:

If it’s an OU it won’t need to ‘cycle’ anything, and will fire any 12bore cartridge you care to put in it.
Do you actually have a SGC? If so, try dealers in your area or alternatively Guntrader website. 

I put it in to clarify as I've had issues with smaller over unders but thank you for your input bud and I do have a sgc aswell as fac so know my way about for a local purchase. I thought I'd try here as it's a large shotty owning community and I may get a decent shotty from someone looking to empty the cabinet 

15 hours ago, Practical shooter said:

Hello,

I am looking for a decent first over under 12g for me and my son.

Must have single trigger and ejectors.

Ideally have a bag included and no more than £500. Depending where you are I could collect, im Glasgow area but can rfd for the right shotty and must be able to cycle 21gram cartridges.

Thanks

On 10/05/2022 at 12:12, Practical shooter said:

Hello messages sent to those who messaged, sorry if i miss anyone butbive received quite a few responses 

Hi, I know I am probably on a long list by now, but if you are interested in a really nice Browning Medallist in excellent condition, then it might be just the gun for your son to start with.

12g, 30in barrels, multi choked (comes with 3 + Key), excellent wood, single trigger, Bisley butt pad professionally fitted, brass bead sight, immaculate bores.

This got me into clays a couple of years before lockdown, never missed a beat, since then dry stored. Have since returned to clays, and managed to pick up a B525 for decent money, so now have Medallist sat doing nothing.

They seem to go for anywhere between £350-£500, so I would be looking for somewhere in the middle, £425 ish.

Can send pics if you are interested, if not I wish your son all the best with what ever he ends up with.

I am in North Yorkshire, perhaps a meet halfway could work if a deal was made.

All the best

Regards