Bsa r10 mk2 FAC

scarter

Hi guys

just got myself a .22 FAC r10 with a HUMA reg fitted. My question is how many full power shots should I expect to get and at what pressure on the guns gauge should I expect to see power dropping if that’s makes sense? Also what pressure should I get it filled to? 

thansk in advance 👍

Your certainly best testing your gun out yourself for the most accurate  answer  

But  I'd guess( I don't know as I don't own an r10 fac ) 

But fill to 230 bar .

I'd estimate that with a 18 inch barrel. Your reg for 28 fpe would be set around 135  bar

Giving you 95 bar of usable pressure  given the bottle is 200 cc ?

Id estimate around 50  shots . With jsb jumbo's  .

Possibly a few more with a heavier pellet  ? 

Some bsa regged guns don't like being filled over 200 bar  they go a bit screwy and could be a cause of reg damage .

So consider this in your calculations .

But only filling to 200 bar would drop your shot count to around 35 

Who fitted the huma reg ? 

8 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Some bsa regged guns don't like being filled over 200 bar  they go a bit screwy and could be a cause of reg damage

Not heard that one before Stu, but I generally only fill to 200 anyway,  another 30 bar doesn't really matter to me, benefit of a bottle gun. 

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Not heard that one before Stu, but I generally only fill to 200 anyway,  another 30 bar doesn't really matter to me, benefit of a bottle gun. 

Yeah. It's another reason why a lot of R10's get tuned but the owners. Some were down at 190 - mine included. I can't imagine a real-life situation where you'd need the extra shot capacity, unless you don't own charging equipment, but if you're going to have a gun with a buddy bottle, it'd be nice to get the shots out of it, especially if the at FAC. My understanding was that it was the BSA regs that were part of the problem, so if the gun's got a HUMA, that should help matters.

That said, as @Ultrastusays, the only way is to get on a range and test it, and the shot count will be about that too. look for 50-70 shots, but accuracy's more important, so if you sacrifice a few extra rounds for the sake of precision, it's not a major loss. How overrun are your perms if you're firing off 50-odd shots a session!?

I can understand someone wanting the extra shots in FAC, but for sub12 I've never ran out, but I don't shoot on a range, not often I do more than three mags really. 

I do like not having to keep an eye on my air levels though, I know I've got weeks worth.

@Longbower how many shots do you get from your R10,  any idea?

Hi , I no longer own the R10, I sold it to my friend , but I played with the power output ,via the hammer spring.

using 14.3 grain @ 780ft/per/s  (same trajectory as a sub 12 .177 )  I could get 60 plus  shots with the huma reg fitted..

I now own a Scorpion se FAC (huma reg)  set at the same power output , and get 35 shots.   18 - 20 ft /lbs is enough 

and I can keep all my distances similar