Adolf Daley car parts.

Westward

Ref: Onlinecarparts.co.uk (and I gather several other online names)

This dodgy outfit may have been mentioned here before and I now know from scouting around the car forums that they have a habit of doing to almost everyone exactly what they did to me. 

I'm anal about brakes and always do my own work. My front discs are about ready to be replaced and when looking around for price/availability of the type I want, I came across these people. I placed my order on 30th March but when it was confirmed I realised I was buying from a German business called Autodoc AG. (They also have an online presence using the same site layout as onlinecarparts).

It took 12 days for the discs to arrived and in the box instead of what I'd ordered were discs branded Stark. I've never heard of Stark and neither had any of the many posters on the forums who'd had the same thing done to them. There's a huge range of parts branded Stark but who knows if any of the stuff is up to spec., where it's made or who's responsible for support or warranty.

And so began the fight. First they insisted that Stark was just as good and I should just use them. They seemed to have trouble understanding that I wanted what I'd ordered, not what they thought I might like instead. Luckily I'd paid using PayPal and although they wriggled and twisted via multiple emails, eventually they paid for return shipment, but it was only the threat of raising it as a dispute with PayPal that got them moving to supply the right discs or refund my money. They then claimed my VIN number was no good, it was perfectly ok of course so I sent them a photo to prove it and gave them 24 hours before I contacted PayPal.

They did ship the right discs and they arrived today, 6 weeks and numerous unnecessary emails since I placed the order.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Ref: Onlinecarparts.co.uk (and I gather several other online names)

This dodgy outfit may have been mentioned here before and I now know from scouting around the car forums that they have a habit of doing to almost everyone exactly what they did to me. 

I'm anal about brakes and always do my own work. My front discs are about ready to be replaced and when looking around for price/availability of the type I want, I came across these people. I placed my order on 30th March but when it was confirmed I realised I was buying from a German business called Autodoc AG. (They also have an online presence using the same site layout as onlinecarparts).

It took 12 days for the discs to arrived and in the box instead of what I'd ordered were discs branded Stark. I've never heard of Stark and neither had any of the many posters on the forums who'd had the same thing done to them. There's a huge range of parts branded Stark but who knows if any of the stuff is up to spec., where it's made or who's responsible for support or warranty.

And so began the fight. First they insisted that Stark was just as good and I should just use them. They seemed to have trouble understanding that I wanted what I'd ordered, not what they thought I might like instead. Luckily I'd paid using PayPal and although they wriggled and twisted via multiple emails, eventually they paid for return shipment, but it was only the threat of raising it as a dispute with PayPal that got them moving to supply the right discs or refund my money. They then claimed my VIN number was no good, it was perfectly ok of course so I sent them a photo to prove it and gave them 24 hours before I contacted PayPal.

They did ship the right discs and they arrived today, 6 weeks and numerous unnecessary emails since I placed the order.

Germany has much stricter laws than the UK on replacement car parts. They have to be parts that the car manufacturer has used themselves. Either in manufacture or servicing

I have used this outfit for years and never had a problem

They are recommended by the Mercedes owners club which is where I first found them. Parts usually take a week 

Edited by Vince Green

18 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Germany has much stricter laws than the UK on replacement car parts. They have to be parts that the car manufacturer has used themselves. Either in manufacture or servicing

I have used this outfit for years and never had a problem

They are recommended by the Mercedes owners club which is where I first found them. Parts usually take a week 

That's all well and good but I did not want them to substitute an alternative product. I had a particular reason for selecting the discs I ordered and I don't care whether Mercedes fit Stark products or not.

Many other people have had the same stunt pulled on them by these people and in my opinion it's the sort of cowboy behaviour that gets the internet a bad name.

I have used them before (for brake components coincidentally) as the price was about half of that in the UK. 
they took about 3 weeks to arrive. 

the package was missing 2 caps that were on the description picture but they gave me a run around asking for millions of pictures. 

would I use them again? Probably but only for mega marked up UK prices items. 

It's a good wheeze. Advertise premium products at low prices then deliberately supply a cheap alternative and try to convince the mugs that it's not worth the effort of kicking up a fuss.

Probably not illegal but certainly a dirty way to do business.

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago after ordering some Brembo discs for a classic car with Autodoc.  A similar experience to you and finally got a refund.

Having put this farce to the back of my mind, I fell into the same hole again last Christmas when the heater blower failed on my car.  Onlinecarparts.co.uk listed a replacement and delivery time looked good.  Oh how happy I was when the order confirmation came back from Adolph Daley!  Then the waiting, emailing, waiting etc etc began again.  Five weeks later it arrived and I could de-frost and de-mist the windscreen again.

If anyone has had good experiences with this supplier then well done, you must be lucky.  I have, and will keep on advising anyone else on any forum or reviews NOT to deal with them for the sake of their own sanity.  Shop elsewhere!!