More ZAN slugs

villaman

15 minutes ago, villaman said:

Tried the both the 10 gr ones last night in my HW100K & ultra . Accurate out to 40 yards but HW running @9.75 , ultra 10.8  ftlbs so lower power than pellets 

That's a shame, but if there still accurate then usable 

11 hours ago, villaman said:

Slugs are definitely more suited to FAC 

ZAN slugs in .22 & 25 are some of the best I have tried  on accuracy & expansion even out to 150+ yards 

Hello, i would agree just by the design you would need to up the power to get the best accuracy with these , have you tried them on vermin shooting eg rabbit 

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i would agree just by the design you would need to up the power to get the best accuracy with these , have you tried them on vermin shooting eg rabbit 

Accuracy is not a problem but low ftlbs is  and will not shoot vermin less than 11ftlbs 

36 minutes ago, villaman said:

Accuracy is not a problem but low ftlbs is  and will not shoot vermin less than 11ftlbs 

JSB are making lead free slugs now, although you probably know more than I do about them vm. I don’t know what weight they are, or if they’re any good, but it looks like that’s the way it’s going to go? 

7 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

JSB are making lead free slugs now, although you probably know more than I do about them vm. I don’t know what weight they are, or if they’re any good, but it looks like that’s the way it’s going to go? 

Yes a few are looking in to lead free slugs now and  hopefully might be testing a few very shortly 

Edited by villaman

Reported back to ZAN with  my findings and he is making me a new design in 10 gr slug  . ZAN and his company are absolutely unbelievable how many would go this far . I have tried most British companies for slugs , just wish the attitude was more like ZAN !!

With much better bc the slugs even at 10.8 will lose little energy at distance compared to pellets.  For long range if accurate I’d use them. 

I can’t find any that work in fx supierior .177 liners at sub12 power. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

With much better bc the slugs even at 10.8 will lose little energy at distance compared to pellets.  For long range if accurate I’d use them. 

I can’t find any that work in fx supierior .177 liners at sub12 power. 

A few folk keep saying the makos work in sub 12 but I just can't see it, it's always a 25mtrs shot, which any pellet can do, so for the cost I still think there aimed at fac.

And nice to see you posting sir.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

A few folk keep saying the makos work in sub 12 but I just can't see it, it's always a 25mtrs shot, which any pellet can do, so for the cost I still think there aimed at fac.

And nice to see you posting sir.

Tried makos slugs but could not get them to work in my guns 

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Tried makos slugs but could not get them to work in my guns 

A lot of people tried them, a few say they work but in huns tuned for them, I don't buy it.

I just think in sub 12 177 pellets work great, I couldn't be happier with my R10 using jsb heavies,  fac and slugs are the next step up I think.

On 22/05/2022 at 20:07, Chaz25 said:

I've ordered some for the .25's around the 26grn's mark prob's better in the pcp than the springers.

I don’t think you’ll have much joy at 12ft lbs chaz. I tried .22 slugs in my brocock contour and they were Terry Bull 😕👎

On 25/05/2022 at 19:31, Rimfireboy said:

I don’t think you’ll have much joy at 12ft lbs chaz. I tried .22 slugs in my brocock contour and they were Terry Bull 😕👎

I have been feeding the stealth with grizzly's and ranging shots 15-20 yards no problem so these with less weight will be even better, I shoot in very closed in woodland so shots beyond 25 are rare and I take that as near the outer limits for the 25's anyhow, thing is the stealth runs a very direct air path and you also imprint the rifling during loading these things I think keep the last few lbs of energy in the pellet, when I send some through the meter I could put up the velocitys if your interested?

Edited by Chaz25

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, 

would be interesting to know just what ft LLB power it takes to get these Zan slugs accurate out to 100 yards, looking at 22 and it would be at FAC ?

I have tried 21 gr .22 at 870 and accurate, but run them at 945 and accurate at 150+ yards