Jump to content

Armsan 410 semi-auto


Recommended Posts

Have you tried Fiocchi. The reason I say that is because I have found that all red cases seem to swell more than the Fiocchi when I reload and I get an occasional 'sticker' in the chamber so no longer use anyhting but the Fiocchi green cases for reloading.  Plus, the Fiocchi ones eject another 2 yards behind me....ask my wife as she picks up for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont have a armsan .410 sa. 

Though I do have a 20b 

I've found that the most  punchy cart in .410  I've shot is the nsi 19 grm no6 .more so than fiocchi .hull or gamebore .

If that won't cycle it reliably  then I'd check all your orings and gas ports and then consider weakening the large spring  .

Edited by Ultrastu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

When the Lead Ban comes in kiss your 410 goodbye unless you reload.

Lylevale have bismuth available. Just a bit more expensive.  For a few shots walked up etc  makes little difference. Yes, if like me you shoot a 410 for a dozen or more driven days a season then reloading is the way to go.  Just cut back a few bob on other luxuries.

If a Fiocchi 3 inch doesnt cyle then it is not the cartridge and as said strip and check all is clean and tidy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Lylevale have bismuth available. Just a bit more expensive.  For a few shots walked up etc  makes little difference. Yes, if like me you shoot a 410 for a dozen or more driven days a season then reloading is the way to go.  Just cut back a few bob on other luxuries.

If a Fiocchi 3 inch doesnt cyle then it is not the cartridge and as said strip and check all is clean and tidy.

I didn’t know bismuth was available in .410, I have a sbs choked half and half so maybe I could try steel if or when it’s available, but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? Have you loaded any tss .410 loads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? 

I can’t see why steel would be any less effective through a .410, especially as it will pattern tighter than lead.

Would you want a half ounce fired at your backside at thirty yards? Certainly not!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't want 1/2 an ounce of gummy bears fired at my back side at 30 yds  .

Still doesn't mean they are as effective  as lead .

But i don't disagree  with  your first statement .as long as the steel is safe going through a full choke .then I don't see steel being too far behind lead on performance   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

I didn’t know bismuth was available in .410, I have a sbs choked half and half so maybe I could try steel if or when it’s available, but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? Have you loaded any tss .410 loads?

Yes, a few years ago when it first came out and I have also shot a fair amount of bismuth both reloads and Eley factory and to be honest if I put it in the right place I can't tell the difference between bismuth and lead on normal game birds. I am at present loading a couple of hundred ready for next season.  18grn over 12 mm felt wad crimped in Fiocchi cases  .9g of LilGun  NOTE  POINT 9g !!  Tested some patterns at a measured 35yrds and they group  well from my full choke Yildiz  about 30 inch circle and penetration seemed about the same as lead I have tested similarly.  I am using #6s  where I normally shoot #7s.   We too often blame our tools when they are completely adequate.

Lylevale have bismuth but only in 16g and a litle later once the season starts I will buy a couple of boxes to compare in the field. Again I don't see a problem if the load is put in the right place at a sensible distance.(30-40yrds).

I'm not shooting the 410 competition at the West Mids this year but last year it was a very well organised good show in some interesting country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, a few years ago when it first came out and I have also shot a fair amount of bismuth both reloads and Eley factory and to be honest if I put it in the right place I can't tell the difference between bismuth and lead on normal game birds. I am at present loading a couple of hundred ready for next season.  18grn over 12 mm felt wad crimped in Fiocchi cases  .9g of LilGun  NOTE  POINT 9g !!  Tested some patterns at a measured 35yrds and they group  well from my full choke Yildiz  about 30 inch circle and penetration seemed about the same as lead I have tested similarly.  I am using #6s  where I normally shoot #7s.   We too often blame our tools when they are completely adequate.

Lylevale have bismuth but only in 16g and a litle later once the season starts I will buy a couple of boxes to compare in the field. Again I don't see a problem if the load is put in the right place at a sensible distance.(30-40yrds).

I'm not shooting the 410 competition at the West Mids this year but last year it was a very well organised good show in some interesting country.

Thanks for that, interesting stuff. I also normally use #7 lead in .410👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought armsan recalled all there semi 410’s for this very reason? As for 410 steel I load my own and you can get 10 grams of steel 6/7’s in a 3” cartridge. It doesn’t sound like a lot but there’s more shot than you think. They are fine out to 25 yards so perfect for decoying. I’ve put loads through my full choked hushpower with no problems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...