Armsan 410 semi-auto

gustav

Have you tried Fiocchi. The reason I say that is because I have found that all red cases seem to swell more than the Fiocchi when I reload and I get an occasional 'sticker' in the chamber so no longer use anyhting but the Fiocchi green cases for reloading.  Plus, the Fiocchi ones eject another 2 yards behind me....ask my wife as she picks up for me.

I dont have a armsan .410 sa. 

Though I do have a 20b 

I've found that the most  punchy cart in .410  I've shot is the nsi 19 grm no6 .more so than fiocchi .hull or gamebore .

If that won't cycle it reliably  then I'd check all your orings and gas ports and then consider weakening the large spring  .

Edited by Ultrastu

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

When the Lead Ban comes in kiss your 410 goodbye unless you reload.

Lylevale have bismuth available. Just a bit more expensive.  For a few shots walked up etc  makes little difference. Yes, if like me you shoot a 410 for a dozen or more driven days a season then reloading is the way to go.  Just cut back a few bob on other luxuries.

If a Fiocchi 3 inch doesnt cyle then it is not the cartridge and as said strip and check all is clean and tidy.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Lylevale have bismuth available. Just a bit more expensive.  For a few shots walked up etc  makes little difference. Yes, if like me you shoot a 410 for a dozen or more driven days a season then reloading is the way to go.  Just cut back a few bob on other luxuries.

If a Fiocchi 3 inch doesnt cyle then it is not the cartridge and as said strip and check all is clean and tidy.

I didn’t know bismuth was available in .410, I have a sbs choked half and half so maybe I could try steel if or when it’s available, but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? Have you loaded any tss .410 loads?

37 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? 

I can’t see why steel would be any less effective through a .410, especially as it will pattern tighter than lead.

Would you want a half ounce fired at your backside at thirty yards? Certainly not!

I wouldn't want 1/2 an ounce of gummy bears fired at my back side at 30 yds  .

Still doesn't mean they are as effective  as lead .

But i don't disagree  with  your first statement .as long as the steel is safe going through a full choke .then I don't see steel being too far behind lead on performance   

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

I didn’t know bismuth was available in .410, I have a sbs choked half and half so maybe I could try steel if or when it’s available, but I can’t see it being much good in a .410? Have you loaded any tss .410 loads?

Yes, a few years ago when it first came out and I have also shot a fair amount of bismuth both reloads and Eley factory and to be honest if I put it in the right place I can't tell the difference between bismuth and lead on normal game birds. I am at present loading a couple of hundred ready for next season.  18grn over 12 mm felt wad crimped in Fiocchi cases  .9g of LilGun  NOTE  POINT 9g !!  Tested some patterns at a measured 35yrds and they group  well from my full choke Yildiz  about 30 inch circle and penetration seemed about the same as lead I have tested similarly.  I am using #6s  where I normally shoot #7s.   We too often blame our tools when they are completely adequate.

Lylevale have bismuth but only in 16g and a litle later once the season starts I will buy a couple of boxes to compare in the field. Again I don't see a problem if the load is put in the right place at a sensible distance.(30-40yrds).

I'm not shooting the 410 competition at the West Mids this year but last year it was a very well organised good show in some interesting country.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, a few years ago when it first came out and I have also shot a fair amount of bismuth both reloads and Eley factory and to be honest if I put it in the right place I can't tell the difference between bismuth and lead on normal game birds. I am at present loading a couple of hundred ready for next season.  18grn over 12 mm felt wad crimped in Fiocchi cases  .9g of LilGun  NOTE  POINT 9g !!  Tested some patterns at a measured 35yrds and they group  well from my full choke Yildiz  about 30 inch circle and penetration seemed about the same as lead I have tested similarly.  I am using #6s  where I normally shoot #7s.   We too often blame our tools when they are completely adequate.

Lylevale have bismuth but only in 16g and a litle later once the season starts I will buy a couple of boxes to compare in the field. Again I don't see a problem if the load is put in the right place at a sensible distance.(30-40yrds).

I'm not shooting the 410 competition at the West Mids this year but last year it was a very well organised good show in some interesting country.

Thanks for that, interesting stuff. I also normally use #7 lead in .410👍

I thought armsan recalled all there semi 410’s for this very reason? As for 410 steel I load my own and you can get 10 grams of steel 6/7’s in a 3” cartridge. It doesn’t sound like a lot but there’s more shot than you think. They are fine out to 25 yards so perfect for decoying. I’ve put loads through my full choked hushpower with no problems.