Campark after sale service

old'un

Just a heads up on Campark after sale service, I purchased a T85 trail cam from Toguard Direct (Ebay) on the 3 June 2020, after about 15 months it stopped recording at night but worked ok during the daytime, I tried everything I could to see if I could get it working, new batteries, new card and reset but all this made little difference.

Over the last 6 months I have tried contacting Toguard Direct through Ebay but they have not answered one of my emails, I have also sent a number of emails to Campark (uk.support@campark.net) and not one reply from them.

Others may have had better response from customer services but so far its not happened in my case, they are good cameras but I don't think I will buy another Campark camera.

Sorry to hear that as I have one too. No help to getting your cam sorted but I reckon the bigger picture ( excuse the pun ) is all the electronics we buy are made sooooooooo cheaply whether it's a washing machine, TV or in your case camcorder. It's the world we live in and quality if very hard to find and almost impossible in certain sectors never mind a small retailer in China or an Ebayer neither of which will have enough profit in the job to replace it for you. . . . .please don't shoot the postman

I had a night viz bino and it packed in. I mentioned this to DaveG on here and he said basicall they are all printed circuits and impossible to 'repair' only probably replace the whole 'card'.  I run three Camparks and they have to date worked well....avg £50 each..... yes it is a throw away society I'm afraid.

BUT   that is no excuse for bad public relations.

They are more than likely made from off the shelf components (on the board) and could be repairable. The trouble is finding someone - and what they charge per hour to repair it .

As an example, I used to charge £30 + kit for repairing a PSU on the Amstrad SKY HD boxes - plus more to upgrade the drive to 2TB plus more to transfer their recordings from the old drive

I did not develop the repair - it was a known problem and just bought a kit with the required components. Worked out @£20 per hour. Starting from scratch on something could take several hours an on the fault that is listed above and may not be possible to solve without a working one to compare against or the full circuit diagram and waveform outputs - plus an oscilloscope etc...

I had one last attempt at getting a reply so I emailed the head of sales in Hong Kong telling them what I thought of their after sales service, they came back with an offer of a discount on a new camera (no mention of how much) they also said they do not repair cameras but replace.