Possible recipe

ditchman

3 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Not used oxtail but have used short rib to make a ragu. I imagine it would be similar. Took a fair amount of time but was in a different league to just mince.

i would slow cook the oxtail off the bone then make the ragu

29 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

I would slow cook it on the bone all together and remove the bones when it’s pretty much done. Get some of the marrow in there.

what i mean is that i would put it in the slow cooker until it fell off the bone...........i usually make oxtail with lots of vedge and a big ole norfolk dumpling ontop

love the flavour of oxtail....the bone is an intergral part of the flavour.........cant understand why oxtail soup dosnt taste of oxtail at all...Hmmmmmmmm:hmm:

On 11/05/2022 at 13:28, ditchman said:

Has anyone made spag' bol' using oxtail.........?

i think oxtail is the most tasty meat on a beef carcase....

Yes.  The hairy bikers had a recipe for it - it looked really good and I thought it sounded a nice change from the faitly standard gravy based braises I tend to do.  I sort of followed the recipe but left out the mushrooms and used some extra wine to thin it out at the end because mine was quite thick.  It's really good from slow cooking it with the bones in - I could have just scooped it out of the pan with fresh bread and skipped the pasta!

Recipe Link

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

Yes.  The hairy bikers had a recipe for it - it looked really good and I thought it sounded a nice change from the faitly standard gravy based braises I tend to do.  I sort of followed the recipe but left out the mushrooms and used some extra wine to thin it out at the end because mine was quite thick.  It's really good from slow cooking it with the bones in - I could have just scooped it out of the pan with fresh bread and skipped the pasta!

Recipe Link

i do my standard oxtail thus..........infact i posted up the reciep with pics several years ago...

i will see if i can find it...

found it........it was jan 19th 2019.....ive just posted it up in this section as Oxtail

Edited by ditchman