Watch this space

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

No lets be fair apart from the blood stains he does do a good job and I benefit from his offcuts.  No No!!! not bits of fingers... wood.

Generous to a guy you will never meet.

I spent a day catching up with the rounds 👍but they’re right this time . You should see the amount of shavings 😂

this is the mess with an extraction system as it’s impossible to extract on the rounds /ring fence 

86F19AF2-F7CA-4269-9FF1-3CA61ED05D84.jpeg

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

a slight improvement over "Crittall"....:good:

😂 crittall . Tbf tho crittall has stood the test of time 

6 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’ve never fitted it . I’ve supplied sub frames for it tho 

we had internal french doors by crittal...they had bronze polished lock plates and handles.......i think crittal do double glazed windows doors now....our  outside crittall windows used to have running condensation sometimes.....

Nathan had problems with the first supply of wood for this job and had already cut many of the curved sections. The wood was going to be scrapped and he kindly brought me a supply which I have now converted into a carving board. Still not quite finished but happy so far. I just used the curve Nathan had cut and layered some strips of oak in between. 

001.JPG

Edited by Walker570

If you look at the frames Nathan is making they consist of sections cut on a curve. Those are what he dropped off for me. I just had to very slightly run them over a sander to get them to fit side by side. I then put the strips in between and the result was something pretty ergonomic.  The marking out and cutting and fitting he has to do to get these windows all perfect is mind blowing. Yes, I know he has the machinery to do most of the work but the lay out has to be done from human provided meaurements etc.

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Nathan had problems with the first supply of wood for this job and had already cut many of the curved sections. The wood was going to be scrapped and he kindly brought me a supply which I have now converted into a carving board. Still not quite finished but happy so far. I just used the curve Nathan had cut and layered some strips of oak in between. 

001.JPG

That's a pretty cool board nev , it's certainly very different , and very attractive 👍.

8 hours ago, Dougy said:

Nathan, 

next time i pop over i'm going to show you how to post the pictures the right way up, ive got neck ache looking at this. :lookaround:

Please 😂

11 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to make the whole square or just cut it out of a bigger round tree 🤔

😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

If you look at the frames Nathan is making they consist of sections cut on a curve. Those are what he dropped off for me. I just had to very slightly run them over a sander to get them to fit side by side. I then put the strips in between and the result was something pretty ergonomic.  The marking out and cutting and fitting he has to do to get these windows all perfect is mind blowing. Yes, I know he has the machinery to do most of the work but the lay out has to be done from human provided meaurements etc.

It boils my brain some days nev . I spent 2-3 days just marking out the curve 🙈. You’ll have to come down the unit and see them soon 

42 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Please 😂

😂😂😂

It boils my brain some days nev . I spent 2-3 days just marking out the curve 🙈. You’ll have to come down the unit and see them soon 

I'm astonished that you aren't just feeding the laser plotted dimensions automatically into your CNC machine using a little robot hand (with a few maimed digits for authenticity) 😂

5 hours ago, amateur said:

I'm astonished that you aren't just feeding the laser plotted dimensions automatically into your CNC machine using a little robot hand (with a few maimed digits for authenticity) 😂

Cnc ? 😂 I wish . 
This wouldn’t be possible with one really how we make it but they would make the pieces . It’s 2.6m long too 👍

Edited by team tractor

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

That's stunning workmanship and look what excellent work Neville did for me with some of the offcuts. Thank you both.

pasty (4).JPG

That board looks stunning dave . I suspect that their is much more skill involved than nev admits to . Top job nev 👍.