Watch this space

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

We went back today to double check measurements. This is one of the windows I’m replacing 

B26492DD-D378-4D89-B147-0C9C2CBD5E14.jpeg

One of my absolute pet hates when folk ask me to call round and price work, is to see ivy overgrown windows! It’s even worse when the remains haven’t been properly removed, but have instead been overpainted by someone. 😡
Those look in quite good nick, but I’m often called to put right with a few coats of paint, 30 years worth of neglect! 😂

2 hours ago, Scully said:

One of my absolute pet hates when folk ask me to call round and price work, is to see ivy overgrown windows! It’s even worse when the remains haven’t been properly removed, but have instead been overpainted by someone. 😡
Those look in quite good nick, but I’m often called to put right with a few coats of paint, 30 years worth of neglect! 😂

These have been spliced everywhere and were only painted last year before they bought the house . £1.1m .

rotten as a pear to the point you can stick a pencil through the stiles . 
I hate ivy too 

7 hours ago, amateur said:

There is something odd about that photo.

The thumb is undamaged 😄

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

His thumb is there for perspective.  That window is actually in a dolls house , and is only two inches tall 😁.

😂 it’s 2030 long 

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

whats wrong with that window ...looks fine ?

Totally rotten . Bodged repairs all over but the main thing is the glass is now going to 4/16/4 argon from 4/6/4 

10 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s over a million pound so it’s a shame to bodge it like they did . 
I recon a month and ill be finished 👍

You should have seen some of the things we did when we sold my cousins house.  We taught a nice northern couple a lesson on buying a home without having it professionally inspected.

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

You should have seen some of the things we did when we sold my cousins house.  We taught a nice northern couple a lesson on buying a home without having it professionally inspected.

I just could not bring myself to rip some one off either from the North or the south. 

13 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s over a million pound so it’s a shame to bodge it like they did . 
I recon a month and ill be finished 👍

Looks like a Job and a half. 

11 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

In this case tho they have ripped it apart anyway. New kitchen , bathrooms etc . It backs straight on to the river too . It’s beautiful 

• 2 weeks later...