Nearly take. Out by a goose.

oowee

Up at 0300 for early fighting on geese. First birds in and my semi started to miss fire. Swapped to a lovely S Pigeon. Set up for a pair and the first one dropped on me. I had to dive for cover as it ploughed into my bag, chair and ammo in the standing corn. It was a close call. 

Managed my first pair of spur wings (with a o/u a few minutes later.

IMG-20220512-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220512-WA0009.jpg

7 hours ago, marsh man said:

Not the nicest looking geese in the first photo , but looks are only skin deep as they used to say , did you manage to try one for taste ?

The Egyptian are prettty nut Amy Co.ing down on .engine at that speed needs to be avoided. Apparently they fly at over 100kph.  

16 hours ago, London Best said:

Yeah! Egyptians are like “teal geese” compared to big, lumbering Spur-wings.

I knew a gamekeeper who was knocked out cold by a falling pink foot.  He was found when he failed to return home for his breakfast, still unconscious  !

3 minutes ago, Westley said:

I knew a gamekeeper who was knocked out cold by a falling pink foot.  He was found when he failed to return home for his breakfast, still unconscious  !

Lucky to only be knocked out. Thus thing fell from 40m up and weighs a few kilo it would be like a punch from Tyson. 😁

On 14/05/2022 at 16:39, mel b3 said:

Looks like you're getting some cracking shooting grant 👍.

It's been a great tour. Even though I lost my hog. Shot just under 3000 carts for tge week, just shy of 500 yesterday on the doves. Waterfowl could have been better as the peanut farms were a good trek in the mornings but no complaints.

Pic below is a hog we collected. The one I lost was even bigger 😪 but I tell myself that's hunting. 

IMG-20220513-WA0000.jpg

4 hours ago, misser said:

you've shot my mother in law....😄😄

😄😄😄

5 hours ago, oowee said:

It's been a great tour. Even though I lost my hog. Shot just under 3000 carts for tge week, just shy of 500 yesterday on the doves. Waterfowl could have been better as the peanut farms were a good trek in the mornings but no complaints.

Pic below is a hog we collected. The one I lost was even bigger 😪 but I tell myself that's hunting. 

IMG-20220513-WA0000.jpg

That's some cracking going grant.

Do the hogs get eaten ?. I'll eat pretty much anything,  but those hogs always look like they'll taste like mud .

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

Warthog is actually very good eating.

They just look a bit uurrgggh.  Mind you , I happily eat squirrels and snails , and probably plenty of other things that most people wouldn't fancy.

I'm feeling the need to try warthog now 🙂.

22 hours ago, mel b3 said:

😄😄😄

That's some cracking going grant.

Do the hogs get eaten ?. I'll eat pretty much anything,  but those hogs always look like they'll taste like mud .

👍 space next year if anyone fancies. Off to Limpopo. 

They get eaten and I did have some but not this one.